Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Arthur Marks to John McEnery
Jack R. Marks Biography (1935-)
Born February 28, 1935, in New York, NY; son of Louis and Molly (Stengel) Marks; divorced; children: Sam. Addresses: HOME--361 E. Tenth Street, NewYork, NY 10009.
- Birth Details
- February 28, 1935
- New York, New York, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Speed, The Odd Couple, Beef 'n' Boards Theatre, Louisville,KY, 1961.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Traveler, The Queen and the Rebels, Plymouth Theatre, NY.
- Gravedigger, Hamlet and Snug and understudy Bottom, A Midsummer Night's Dream, both Vivian Beaumont Theatre, Lincoln Center, NY.
- Henchman, Goose and Tom-Tom, Sergeant Wall, The Basic Training of Pavlo Hummell, Apothecary, Mary Stuart, all at the New York Shakespeare Festival, Public Theatre, NY.
- Bennie Davis, Getting Out, Theatre de Lys, NY.
- Inspector Rough, Angel Street, Perry Street Theatre, NY.
- Goldberg, The Birthday Party, Jewish Repertory, NY.
- Tarzan, Tarzan and the Boy, New Federal Theatre, NY.
- Father, The Carpenters, Westside YMCA, NY.
- Baron, Becket, Elder, Oedipus the King, and Commissioner of Education, The Government Inspector, all at the Guthrie Theatre, Minneapolis, MN.
- the Salesman, The Rose Tattoo, Long Wharf Theatre, New Haven, CT.
- Constable Simms, Oh Boy, Goodspeed Opera House, East Haddam, CT.
- Dan Roche, A Touch of the Poet, Yale Repertory Theatre, New Haven, CT.
- Shamraev, The Seagull, Syracuse Stage, Syracuse, NY.
- Ned Buntline, Indians, Buffalo Studio Arena, NY.
- Stockbroker, Steambath, New Jersey Shakespeare Festival, Madison, NJ.
- Narrator, A Christmas Carol, Ford's Theatre, Washington, DC.
- Horace Vandergelder, The Matchmaker, Williamstown Theatre Festival, MA.
- actor, Swan Song and Father, The Marriage Proposal, both at the California Actors Theatre, Los Gatos, CA.
- Oscar Hubbard, The Little Foxes, Stage West, West Springfield, MA.
- Estrada and Parke, Lady, Be Good!, North Shore Music Theatre.
- Mitch, A Streetcar Named Desire, Purdue University, IA.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Annie Hall, United Artists, 1977.
- Eyes of Laura Mars, Columbia, 1978.
- Blood Brothers, Warner Brothers, 1979.
- Ragtime, Paramount, 1981.
- Friday the 13th Part Two, Paramount, 1981.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- Leon Matthews, The Doctors.
- Kojak, CBS.
- Adams Chronicles, PBS.
- American Parade, CBS, 1984.
- In the Case of Milligan.
- Living Together.
- Mundo Real.
- The Molders of Troy.