Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Vic Morrow to Lennie Niehaus
Barry Nelson Biography (1925-)
Born Robert Nielson, in 1925, in Oakland, CA; son of Trygve and Betsy (Christophsen) Nielson; married Teresa Celi (divorced). Addresses: AGENT--William Morris Agency, 1350 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10019.
- Birth Details
- Oakland, California, United States
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Bobby Grills, Winged Victory, 44th Street Theatre, 1943.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Peter Sloan, Light Up the Sky, Royale Theatre, New York City, 1948.
- Gus Hammer, The Rat Race, Ethel Barrymore Theatre, New York City, 1949.
- Donald Gresham, The Moon Is Blue, Henry Miller's Theatre, New York City,1951.
- Don Emerson, Wake Up Darling, Ethel Barrymore Theatre, 1956.
- Will Stockdale, No Time for Sergeants, Her Majesty's Theatre, London, 1956.
- Bob McKellaway, Mary, Mary, Helen Hayes Theatre, New York City, 1961.
- Nat Bentley, Nobody Loves an Albatross, Lyceum Theatre, New York City, 1964.
- Julian, The Cactus Flower, Royale Theatre, 1965.
- Richard, Everything in the Garden, Plymouth Theatre, New York City, 1967.
- Joe Grady, The Only Game in Town, Broadhurst Theatre, New York City, 1968.
- Harry Stone, The Fig Leaves Are Falling, Broadhurst Theatre, 1969.
- Walter Whitney, The Engagement Baby, Helen Hayes Theatre, 1970.
- Detective McLeod, Detective Story, Shubert Theatre, Philadelphia, PA, 1973.
- Charlie, Seascape, Shubert Theatre, New York City, then Shubert Theatre,Los Angeles, CA, both 1975.
- Reg, The Norman Conquests, Morosco Theatre, New York City, 1975.
- Dan Connors, The Act, Majestic Theatre, New York City, 1977.
- Julian Marsh, 42nd Street, Majestic Theatre, 1981.
- Owen Turner, Light Up the Sky, Ahmanson Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, 1987.
- Also appeared in Suite in Two Keys, Paper Mill Playhouse, Milburn, NJ, 1982.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Director, The Only Game in Town, Broadhurst Theatre, New York City, 1968.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Joe Bannon, Heartsong, U.S. cities, 1947.
- Sam Nash, Jesse Kiplinger, Roy Hubley, Plaza Suite, U.S. cities, 1971.
- Julian Marsh, 42nd Street, U.S. cities, 1983.
- Also Conflict of Interest, U.S. cities, 1972; Lovers and Other Strangers,U.S. cities, 1974.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- A Guy Named Joe, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1943.
- Winged Victory, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1944.
- The Man with My Face, United Artists, 1951.
- The First Traveling Saleslady, RKO, 1956.
- Mary, Mary, Warner Brothers, 1963.
- Cactus Flower, Columbia, 1969.
- Airport, Universal, 1970.
- Pete 'n' Tillie, Universal, 1973.
- The Shining, Warner Brothers, 1980.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- James Bond, "Casino Royale," Climax, CBS.
- "Drive a Desert Road," Lux Playhouse, CBS.
- Starlight Theatre, CBS.
- Bart Adams, The Hunter, CBS, 1952.
- George Cooper, My Favorite Husband, 1953-57.
- MINI-SERIES Bob Bailey, Washington: Behind Closed Doors, ABC, 1977.
- Hal Carter, The Borgia Stick, NBC, 1967.
- Alex Swain, Seven in Darkness, ABC, 1969.
- Lieutenant Frank Bryant, Climb an Angry Mountain, NBC, 1972.
Other articles you might like: