Jan Eliasberg Biography (1954-)
Addresses: Home: 4607 Ambrose Ave., Los Angeles, CA, 90027; Agent: c/oPeter Franklin or Gil Parker, William Morris Agency, 1350 Ave. of the Americas, New York, NY, 10019.
- director, producer, writer
- Plays, New York--Autumn Ladies and Their Lover's Lovers, Lenz,Manhattan Theatre Club; Spring Awakening, Circle Repertory; Money, Ensemble Studio; St. Joan of the Stockyards, Encompass Theatre/Epic Construction Company; Regional--Sore Throats, Hedda Gabler, A ChristmasTapestry, Brecht on Brecht, A Lesson from Aloes, Repertory Theatre of St. Louis, MO; A History of the American Film, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Threepenny Opera, Street Songs, The Cote D'Azur Triangle, The Importance of Being Earnest, Atlantic Theatre Company, Barnstable, MA; Throughthe Leaves, Los Angeles Theatre Works, Odyssey; Request for "L", Central Casting, Ithaca, NY.
- The Doctor, starring Richard Masur, for American Film Institute; Sore Throats, American Film Institute, served as co-screenwriter for both films.
- I Due Timidi, C.A.S.A./Opera Theatre of St. Louis, MO.
- Theatre-Related Career
- Resident director, Sundance Film and Theatre Conference, Sundance, UT, 1983; assistant to the head writer, The Best of Families, WNET/CTW, 1975-76; assistant to producer, Beacon Hill, CBS, 1974-75; associate artistic director, Repertory Theatre of St. Louis, 1980-83; artistic director/founder, Atlantic Theatre Company, Barnstable, MA.
- "On the Need for an Ibsen Theatre," 1982; "Uncharted Territory," 1982.
- Plays Produced
- Second Chances, Repertory Theatre of St. Louis; Blow Up, Yale School of Drama. Five original radio dramas for WESU, Middletown, CT. Criticism for New York State Council for the Arts, Theatre Program, 1975-78.