John Jiler Biography (1946-)
Born April 4, 1946, in New York, NY; son of Milton W. (a financial analyst) and Dorothy (Hayes) Jiler. Addresses: Office--c/o Village Voice, 36 Cooper Sq., New York, NY 10003.
- Birth Details
- April 4, 1946
- New York, New York, United States
- Credits; Film Appearances
- Appeared in National Lampoon Goes to the Movies, United Artists.
- Credits; Stage Appearances
- Appeared off-Broadway in The Frances Farmer Story; also appeared in Hero,1971, Trouble/Idle Hands, One Room with Bath, Emerald City, Beverly's Yard Sale, and Sunday Promenade.
- African Star (one-act), Eugene O'Neill Playwrights Conference, 1971.
- Early Bird (one-act), Deja Vu Theatre, Hollywood, 1982.
- Ball (one-act), New One-Act Theatre, Hollywood, CA, 1982, then Greene Street Cafe, New York City, 1983.
- Author of music and lyrics (with Ray Leslee), Avenue X, Playwrights Horizons, New York City, 1994.
- Writings; Screenplays
- Author of Pacifica, 1982.
- Writings; Other
- Wild Berry Moon (juvenile novel), Greenwillow (New York City), 1982.
- Dark Wind: A True Account of Hurricane Gloria's Assault on Fire Island, St. Martin's (New York City), 1993.
- Contributor to newspapers.
- Contemporary Authors, Volume 14, Gale (Detroit, MI), 1985.