Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
James Newton Howard to Kevin Jarre
Dorothy Dorian James Biography (1930-)
Born August 24, 1930, in Connecticut. Addresses: HOME--237 S. Elm Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90212. AGENT--Brooke, Dunn, Oliver, 9165 Sunset Boulevard, Suite 202, Los Angeles, CA 90069.
- Birth Details
- August 24, 1930
- Connecticut, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Pat Nixon, An Evening with Richard Nixon, Shubert Theatre, New York City,1972.
- Catherine Lynch, All the Way Home, South Coast Repertory Theatre, Costa Mesa, CA, 1986.
- Also appeared as Alma, Summer and Smoke, 1970; in Sarcophagus, Los Angeles Theatre Center, Los Angeles Festival, Los Angeles, CA, 1987; as Mary Tyrone, Long Day's Journey into Night, PCPA Theaterfest, Los Angeles; Giza, Catsplay, American Theatre Arts, Los Angeles; in The Glass Menagerie, Los Angeles Theatre Center, Los Angeles; Mercy Street, American Place Theatre, New York City; All's Well That Ends Well, Globe Theatre, San Diego, CA; as Alice Russell,The Best Man.
- Jennet, The Lady's Not for Burning; Ruth Gordon, Years Ago; in productions of The Prisoner of Second Avenue, Forty Carats, Hostile Witness, A Man forAll Seasons, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, andO Men! O Women!, with the NewYork Shakespeare Festival, New York City, and at the Stratford ShakespeareanFestival, Stratford, ON, Canada.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Mrs. Gomez, The Cross and the Switchblade, Ross, 1970.
- tourist, Bobby Deerfield, Columbia, 1977.
- Jean MacArthur, Inchon, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/United Artists, 1982.
- Mom, Alone in the Dark, New Line Cinema, 1982.
- Also appeared in A Matter of Time, American International, 1976; The Cassandra Crossing, AVCO-Embassy, 1977; Radioactive Dreams, De Laurentiis Entertainment Group, 1986; and The Garden Party, De Laurentiis Entertainment Group,1986.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- Esther Kensington, Days of Our Lives, NBC.
- Frances Quinton, General Hospital, ABC.
- Mrs. Jablonsky, Capitol, CBS.
- Half Nelson, NBC, 1985.
- Also Rose, Coverup, CBS; Cagney and Lacey, CBS; "Zola versus Zola," Divorce Court; The Judge.
- Edna Elias, Mrs. Delafield Wants to Marry, CBS, 1986.
- Irene McNally, Addicted to His Love (also known as Sisterhood), ABC, 1988.
- A Place at the Table (also known as The Best Kept Secret), NBC, 1988.
- Also as Mary, Three Days, NBC; also appeared as Elizabeth Reilly,A New Day in Eden; in A World Apart; and in Best of Everything.
Other articles you might like: