Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Joan Greenwood to James Handy
Jane Greer Biography (1924-2001)
Born Bettejane Greer, September 9, 1924, in Washington, DC; married Rudy Vallee (a singer and actor), 1943 (divorced, 1944). Addresses: AGENT--Merritt Blake, Camden Artists, 2121 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 410, Los Angeles,CA 90067.
- Birth Details
- September 9, 1924
- Death Details
- August 24, 2001
- Los Angeles, California
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- FILM DEBUT--(As Bettejane Greer) Miss Dowling, Pan-Americana, RKO, 1945.
- (As Bettejane Greer) Helen, Two O'Clock Courage, RKO, 1945.
- (as Bettejane Greer) Billie Randall, George White's Scandals, RKO, 1945.
- Judith Owens, Dick Tracy (also known as Splitface and Dick Tracy, Detective), RKO, 1945.
- Eileen Sawyer, The Bamboo Blonde, RKO, 1946.
- Lola Carpenter, The Falcon's Alibi, RKO, 1946.
- Helen, Sunset Pass, RKO, 1946.
- Kathie Moffett, Out of the Past (also known as Build My Gallows High), RKO, 1947.
- Janice Bell, They Won't Believe Me, RKO, 1947.
- Pirouze, Sinbad the Sailor, RKO, 1947.
- Charlie, Station West, RKO, 1948.
- Joan, The Big Steal, RKO, 1949.
- Diane, The Company She Keeps, RKO, 1950.
- Ellie, You're in the Navy Now (also known as U.S.S. Tea Kettle), Twentieth Century-Fox, 1951.
- Julie Heldon, Desperate Search, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), 1952.
- Antoinette de Mauban, The Prisoner of Zenda, MGM, 1952.
- Katie McDermad, You for Me, MGM, 1952.
- Paula Henderson, The Clown, MGM, 1953.
- Diana Forrester, Down Among the Sheltering Palms, Twentieth Century- Fox,1953.
- Katy Connors, Run for the Sun, United Artists, 1956.
- Hazel Bennet, Man of a Thousand Faces, Universal, 1957.
- Marian Spicer, Where Love Has Gone, Paramount, 1964.
- Agnes Carol, Billie, United Artists, 1965.
- Alma, The Outfit (also known as The Good Guys Always Win), MGM, 1973.
- Mrs. Wyler, Against All Odds, Columbia, 1984.
- Ruth Chadwick, Just Between Friends, Orion, 1986.
- Michael's mother, Immediate Family, Columbia, 1989.
Credits; TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- Kathleen Kane, Stagecoach West, ABC, 1960.
- Charlotte Pershing, Falcon Crest, CBS, 1984.
- Louise Browning, The Insiders, ABC, 1985.
- Augusta Stillman, The Law and Harry McGraw, CBS, 1987.
- Bonnie Phelps, Murder, She Wrote, CBS, 1988.
- Valerie Jeffries, HeartBeat, ABC, 1989.
- Also "Look for Tomorrow," Ford Theatre, NBC, 1953; "Summer Dance," MirrorTheatre, CBS, 1953; "One Man Missing," Playhouse 90, NBC, 1955; "Moment of Decision," Ford Theatre, ABC, 1957; "A Gun for My Bride," Zane Grey Theatre, CBS, 1957; "Meeting in Paris," Suspicion, NBC, 1958; Alfred Hitchcock Presents, CBS, 1958; Bonanza, NBC, 1959; "Portrait of a Face," Thriller, NBC, 1961; Burke's Law, ABC, 1964.
- Ma Traven, Louis L'Amour's "The Shadow Riders," CBS, 1982.
Other articles you might like: