Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Chris Owen to Bernadette Peters
Jill Perryman Biography (1933-)
Born May 30, 1933, in Melbourne, Australia; daughter of William Thomas (a singer) and Dorothy Eileen (a singer; maiden name, Duval) Perryman; married Kevan Johnston (a dancer and choreographer), September 14, 1959; children: Tod Andrew, Trudy Jane. Addresses: HOME--Four Hillside Crescent, GooseberryHill 6076, Western Australia. AGENT--c/o Shanahan Management, 129 Bourke Street, Woolomoloo 2011, New South Wales, Australia.
Favorite roles: Fanny Brice in Funny Girl; Agnes in I Do, I Do; Countess Malcolm in A Little Night Music.
- Birth Details
- May 30, 1933
- Melbourne, Australia
- STAGE DEBUT--White Horse Inn, King's Theatre, Melbourne, Australia, 1935.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Chorus, Call Me Madam, Her Majesty's Theatre, Melbourne, 1953.
- chorus, South Pacific, Mormon's wife, Paint Your Wagon, both Her Majesty's Theatre, 1954.
- chorus, Can Can, Her Majesty's Theatre, 1955.
- Mabel, The Pajama Game, Her Majesty's Theatre, 1957.
- Rosalie, Carnival, Her Majesty's Theatre, 1962.
- Mrs. Molloy, Hello Dolly!, Her Majesty's Theatre, 1965.
- Fanny Brice, Funny Girl, Her Majesty's Theatre, 1966.
- Agnes, I Do, I Do, Her Majesty's Theatre, 1969.
- When We Are Married, Phillip Theatre, Sydney, Australia, 1970.
- various roles, The Two of Us, St. Martin's Theatre, Melbourne, 1971.
- Lucille, No, No, Nanette, Her Majesty's Theatre, 1972.
- Countess Malcolm, A Little Night Music, Her Majesty's Theatre, Sydney, 1973.
- various roles, Leading Lady, Music Loft Theatre, Sydney, 1976, then St. Martin's Theatre, 1977.
- Side by Side by Sondheim, Theatre Royal, Sydney, 1977.
- Miss Hannigan, Annie, Her Majesty's Theatre, Sydney, 1979.
- Anna I, Seven Deadly Sins, W.A. Ballet Company, Perth, Australia, 1987.
- Also appeared in the following revues, Phillip Theatre: Bats, 1958; Birthday Show, Hey Diddle Diddle, The Phillip Revue, all 1959; Yes Please, At It Again, both 1960; Do You Mind, 1961. Appeared as narrator and singer with theSydney Dance Company, South Australia, 1981; Dame Lollipop, Puff, the Magic Dragon, Queensland, Australia, 1982; Molly, Gulls, Sydney, 1986.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Dotty Ottley, Noises Off, Australian cities, 1983.
- Jess, 'night Mother, Australian cities, 1984.
- Blanche, Brighton Beach Memoirs, Australian cities, 1985.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- Perryman on Parade.
- Wife, Palace of Dreams, ABC (Australia), 1979-80.
- sister, Flight into Hell, ABC (Australia), 1985.
- Africa: The Dispossessed, 1981.
- FILM DEBUT--Mother, Maybe This Time, Cherrywood, 1980.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Miss Dodge, Windrider, Barron Films, 1985.
Other articles you might like: