Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Maurice Jarre to Lawrence N. Kasha
John Jones Biography (1917-)
Full name John Hayford Jones; born April 26, 1917, in Waukesha, WI; son of Owen L. (a salesman) and Mildred H. Jones; married June Beck (an educator), 1953; children: one son, one daughter. Addresses: OFFICE--University of California, 405 Hilgard Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90024.
- Birth Details
- April 26, 1917
- Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Mephistopheles, Doctor Fautus, UCLA Campus theatre, 1940.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Danced with Myra Kinch Dancers and toured until 1942.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Costume designer, Billy Barnes Group, Chi Chi Club, Palm Springs, CA, 1945.
- designer and director, The Pearl, Royce Hall, UCLA, 1954.
- director, Montezuma, Royce Hall, UCLA, 1956.
- costume designer, A Game of Gods, Royce Hall, UCLA, 1959.
- director, Allegro, Theatre 170, Los Angeles, CA, 1959.
- lighting designer, Under Milkwood, Theatre Group Productions, UCLA, 1959.
- set and lighting designer, Mother Courage, Theatre Group Productions, UCLA, 1959.
- lighting designer, The Three Sisters, Four Comedies of Despair, both 1960.
- director, 45 Minutes from Broadway, USO-UCLA Far East tour, 1961.
- director, Don Giovanni, opera workshop, UCLA, 1962.
- Director, Griffin and the Minor Canon, Little, Los Angeles, CA, 1963.
- director, The Infernal Machine, Magowan Hall, 1963.
- costume designer, Peribanez, 'Tis Pity She's a Whore, both 1963.
- director and choreographer, Carousel, USO-UCLA summer tour, 1964.
- director, The Tempest, Noah and a Flood of Other Stuff, both 1966.
- director, El Nino Ha Nacido, UCLA Latin American Center, 1966.
- director, Annabelle Broom, Huntington Hartford, Los Angeles, 1966.
- director and costume designer, Agamemmon, 1967.
- director, Anything Goes, UCLA, 1968.
- director, Celebration, UCLA, 1968.
- director, choreographer, and set and costume design, How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying, USO-UCLA tour of Germany, 1969.
- director, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, USO-UCLA tour of the Orient, 1973.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK
- Designer and choreographer, The Highwayman, 1951.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK
- Producer and photographer, The Golden Voyage of the Jones Family, NBC, 1966.
- PLAYS,PRODUCED The Pearl, UCLA, 1954.
- Montezuma, UCLA, 1956.
- A Game of Gods, UCLA, 1959.
- Tyger, Tyger, UCLA, 1970.
Other articles you might like: