Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Patrick Renna to Christy Carlson Romano
Peter Rice Biography (1928-)
Born September 13, 1928, in Simla, India; son of Cecil Morrish and Ethel (Blacklaw) Rice; married Pat Albeck. Addresses: HOME--Four Western Terrace, London W6, England.
- Indian, English
- Birth Details
- September 13, 1928
- Simla, India
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Designer, Sex and Seraphim, Watergate Theatre, England,1951.
- PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK --Designer, with the Old Vic Theatre Company, London, Time Remembered, 1954.
- The Taming of the Shrew, The Winter's Tale, Much Ado About Nothing, all 1956.
- Living for Pleasure, 1958.
- A Day in the Life Of..., 1958.
- On the Avenue, Toad of Toad Hall, The Lord Chamberlain Regrets, all 1961.
- Castle in Sweden, double bill, Talking to You and Across the Board on Tomorrow Morning, Rule of Three, all 1962.
- Madigan's Lock, The Wood of the Whispering, both 1963.
- Mr. Whatnot, 1964.
- Pickwick, London and New York, 1965.
- As You Like It, 1965.
- The Two Character Play, 1967.
- The Duel, 1968.
- Ann Veronica, On a Foggy Day, His, Hers and Theirs, all 1969.
- The Happy Apple, Flint, Oedipus Now, all 1972.
- Say Goodnight to Grandma, 1973.
- The Vortex, 1975.
- Heaven and Hell, Miss Julie, both Greenwich Theatre Company, 1976.
- The Admirable Crichton, Singles, Pinch-Me-Not, The Bells of Hell, Shut Your Eyes and Think of England, all Greenwich Theatre Company, 1977.
- Don Juan, An Audience Called Edouard, See How They Run, also at the RoyalExchange Theatre, Manchester, Murder Among Friends, all Greenwich Theatre Company, 1978.
- Semi-Detached, The Passing-Out Parade, I Sent a Letter to Me Love, all Greenwich Theatre Company, 1979.
- At the Chichester Festival: The Farmer's Wife, The Beaux Stratagem, Heartbreak House; An Italian Straw Hat, all 1966; Arms and the Man and The Proposal, both 1970.
- Also: Move Over Mrs. Markham, Ambassador Theatre, London, 1971.