Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
William Dudley to Gilbert Ernotte
Robert Ellenstein Biography (1923-)
Addresses: Home: 5215 Sepulveda Blvd., Culver City, CA, 90203.
Mr. Ellenstein's resume and credits do not include his 40 years of extensive acting experience in a wide variety of stage, feature film, and Television work: In film and television, he has performed in over 100 featured or starring roles, including 14 feature-length films, and over 100 roles on stage. His early training came from the Dramatic Workshop of the New School for Social Research and the University of Iowa, as well as the Actors Studio and The American Theatre Wing in New York.
- actor, director, singer, teacher
Principal Stage Appearances
- Parmigian, Cold Storage; Scrooge, A Christmas Carol; RabbiAzrielke, The Dybbuk; Glas, Slow Dance on the Killing Ground; Martin, The Royal Hunt of the Sun; Vladimir, Waiting for Godot; Don Juan, Don Juan in Hell; Ham, Endgame; Inquisitor, St. Joan; Adam, Backto Methusaleh; Cris, All My Sons; Cassius, Julius Caesar;C. F., Boy Meets Girl; David, Hay Fever; Professor, Bus Stop; Orgon, Tartuffe; Doolittle, Pygmalion; Joe, Shadow Box; Spettigue, Charley's Aunt; Marcus, Titus Andronicus;Weller, The Gin Game; Walter, Don't Drink the Water; Patsy,Three Men on a Horse; Carroll, The Two Mrs. Carrolls; Tom, The Glass Menagerie; Faustus, Dr. Faustus; Ragpicker, The Madwoman of Chaillot; Coney, Home of the Brave; Merlin, Thor, with Angels; Fiddler on the Roof; The Red Mill; On the Town; Bittersweet: The Desert Song; Tarantara! Tarantara!; Oliver; Upholstered Pieces.
- Bob le Hotu, Irma La Douce, with Juliet Prowse, national company.
Principal Film Appearances
North by Northwest; Rogue Cop; The Young Lions; Too Much Too Soon; Gazebo; 3:10 to Yuma; Pay or Die; Love at First Bite; and others.
Principal Television Appearances
- over 50 featured or starring roles--from Albert Einstein to Quasimodo--Philco, Montgomery, Omnibus, Kraft, Armstrong, Theatre Guild, etc.
The Comedy of Errors, Great Lakes Shakespeare Festival; Hamlet, Arizona Theatre Company; Hope Is a Thing with Feathers, Three by Tennessee Williams, Back to Methuseleh, Part I, Cleveland Playhouse; My Aunt Daisey, Westport Country Playhouse, CT; Montserrat, The Lower Depths, Tonight We Improvise, Company of Angels, Los Angeles; Yerma, The Heavenly Express, Karamu Playhouse, Cleveland, OH; Misalliance, Tiger atthe Gates, The Great God Brown, Gallows Humor, Chronicles of Hell, Los Angeles Repertory Company; Irma La Douce, Valley Music Theatre, Los Angeles; Don Juan in Hell, Lindy Opera House, Los Angeles; Endgame, Vanguard Theatre, Los Angeles; The Girls in 509; Romeo and Juliet; Oedipus; Legend of Lovers; The Drunkard; Three Cuckholds; The Threepenny Opera; AsYou Like It.
Robert Montgomery Presents, NBC; Love on a Rooftop, Screen Gems.
- Professional coach and teacher (30 years), Cleveland, OH, New York, and Los Angeles; guest professor and director--California State University, Northridge (3 years), and at Los Angeles; Otterbein College, Case-Western Reserve University, University of Iowa. Co-founder and director, Ellenstein-Palter Studio, Los Angeles, CA; co-founder/managing director, Academy of Stage and Cinema Arts, Los Angeles. Contract talent coach, ScreenGems, Los Angeles.
Other articles you might like: