Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ruby R. Levitt to Eric Lutes
Bernice Loren Biography ((?)-)
Addresses: Office: 250 W. 55th Street, New York, NY, 10019.
With Roland F. Bernstein and Marilyn Lief Kramberg, Ms. Loren co-founded Expressions, a not-for-profit theatre school. "I developed something of acrusading spirit about the quality of theatre and of theatre practice. I think acting is at its most exciting and rewarding when, along with the ability to communicate with and affect the audience, there is a characterization so full and true that the actor may not even be recognizable from role to role."
- actress, director, writer
- Karen André, Night of January 16th, Center Stage, East Jordan, MI, 1948.
New York Debut
- Calpurnia, Julius Caesar, Everyman's Theatre, 1951.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Ruth, Blithe Spirit, 1948; Judith, Hay Fever, 1949; Toinette, The Imaginary Invalid, 1949; Tracy, The Philadelphia Story,1949; Marian, Parlor Story, Miriam, Guest in the House, 1949--all at Center Stage, East Jordan, MI; Mrs. Brown, Claudia, Centre Playhouse, Rockville Centre, NY, 1950; Veta Louise, Harvey, Palm Tree Playhouse, Sarasota, FL, 1952; Anne, The Milky Way, Palm Tree Playhouse, Sarasota, FL, 1952; Sue, All My Sons, Palm Tree Playhouse, Sarasota, FL1952; Tatiana, The Anniversary, Contemporary, New York, 1955; Marguerite Ida/Helena Annabel, Doctor Faustus Lights the Lights, Carnegie Chapter Hall, New York, 1958; Aunt Sarah, One Foot in America, Brooklyn Academy of Music, 1959; Chorus of Women, Electra, IASTA, New York, 1961;Eurydice, Antigone, Stage 73, New York, 1966.
All My Sons, 1948; Voice of the Turtle, 1948; Arsenic and Old Lace, 1948; Angel Street, 1949; Home of the Brave, 1949; My Sister Eileen, 1949; The Importance of Being Earnest, 1949; Guest in the House, 1949--all at Center Stage, East Jordan, MI; Hello Out There, Equity Library, New York, 1954; The Enchanted Forest, Stage 73, New York, 1962; Aspects of Theatre, Expressions Theatre, New York, 1964; Theatre Offerings, Expressions Theatre, New York, 1976.
The Marble Faun.
Related Theatrical Career
- Teaching theatre--City College of New York, 1955-68; School for CreativeCommunication, New York, 1982-present; Expressions, School for Theatre Arts,New York, 1972-present.
Toward Greater Theatre Appreciation, 1954; Effective Speaking, 1963.
Other articles you might like: