Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Arthur Marks to John McEnery
Bill McCutcheon Biography ((?)-)
Full name, James William McCutcheon; born May 23, in Russell, KY; son of Robert Kenna (a railroad conductor) and Florence Louise (Elam) McCutcheon; married wife, Anne, March 27, 1952; children: Carol, Jay, Kenna. Addresses:AGENT--J. Michael Bloom, 233 Park Avenue S., New York, NY 10003.
- Birth Details
- May 23,
- Russell, Kentucky, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Skeeter Roach, Out West of Eighth, Ethel Barrymore Theatre, New York City, 1952.
- ensemble, New Faces of 1956 (revue), Ethel Barrymore Theatre, 1956.
- ensemble, Wet Paint (revue), Renata Theatre, New York City, 1965.
- Gladhand, West Side Story, Music Theatre of Lincoln Center, State Theatre, New York City, 1968.
- Daddy Ellis, My Daughter, Your Son, Booth Theatre, New York City, 1969.
- ensemble, Ben Bagley's Shoestring Revue, Casa Manana Theatre, Fort Worth,TX, 1970.
- Pulcinella, Comedy, Colonial Theatre, Boston, MA, 1972.
- Colonel Freeleigh and Jonas the junkman, Dandelion Wine, Phoenix Sideshows, Playhouse II Theatre, New York City, 1975.
- Androcles, Androcles and the Lion, Denver Center Theatre Company, Denver,CO, 1981.
- John, The Man Who Came to Dinner, Circle in the Square, New York City, 1980.
- Mr. DePinna, You Can't Take It with You, Plymouth Theatre, New York City,1983.
- Paul Brennan, The Marriage of Bette and Boo, New York Shakespeare Festival, Public Theatre, New York City, 1985.
- Mr. Pincus, The Front Page, Vivian Beaumont Theatre, New York City, 1986.
- William H. Gallagher, Light Up the Sky, Center Theatre Group, Ahmanson Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, 1987.
- Moonface, Anything Goes, Vivian Beaumont Theatre, 1987.
- Also appeared in How to Steal an Election, Pocket Theatre, New York City,1968; Over Here!, Shubert Theatre, New York City, 1974; The Miser, Center Stage, Baltimore, MD, 1982; Where's Charley and Girl Crazy, both Goodspeed Opera House, East Haddam, CT; The Taming of the Shrew, Philadelphia Drama Guild,Philadelphia, PA; One's a Crowd and The Little Revue, both in New York City;and in productions at Upstairs at the Downstairs, New York City.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Dropo, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, Embassy, 1964.
- Desmond Miller, Viva Max!, Commonwealth United, 1969.
- (as William McCutcheon) gas station proprietor, The Stoolie, Continental,1972.
- gas station attendant, W.W. and the Dixie Dancekings, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1975.
- Paully, Hot Stuff, Columbia, 1979.
- used car dealer, Deadhead Miles, filmed in 1970, released by Paramount, 1982.
- Mr. Van Der Meer, Vibes, Columbia, 1988.
- Owen, Steel Magnolias, Tri-Star, 1989.
- Doheny, Family Business, Tri-Star, 1989.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- Dudley B. Dudley, Mr. Mayor, CBS, 1964-65.
- regular, The Dom DeLuise Show, CBS, 1968.
- Coach Pinky Pinkney, Ball Four, CBS, 1976.
- Also Uncle Wally, Sesame Street, PBS.
- Bailiff, Spenser: For Hire, ABC, 1985.
- Also Kojak, CBS; Forever Fernwood, syndicated; All My Children,ABC; Search for Tomorrow, NBC; Nurse, CBS; Person to Person, CBS.
- Uncle Wally, Sesame Street Special, PBS, 1988.