Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Peter McEnery to Gene Milford
Brian Meister Biography (1948-)
Born May 3, 1948, in Hillside, NJ; son of Leo and Mildred (Hoff) Meister. Addresses: HOME--One University Place, New York, NY 10003.
Meister told CTFT that he "would like to direct and produce in the future."
- Birth Details
- May 3, 1948
- Hillside, New Jersey, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK Production assistant, Mineola Theatre, Mineola, NY, 1966-67 season
- Take Me Along, Minsky's Burlesque Follies, Luv, Philadelphia, Here I Come, Wait a Minute!.
- stage manager, Repertory Theatre of Lincoln Centre, NY, 1971-72 season: Play Strindberg, Peope Are Living There, The Ride Across Lake Constance, The Duplex, Mary Stuart.
- stage manager, The Mother of Us All, Off Broadway, 1972.
- assistant stage manager, Metropolitan Opera, "Opera at the Forum (Mini-Met)," 1973: Four Saints in Three Acts, Dido and Aeneas, Syllabaire Pour Phedre.Production stage manager, King Oedipus, Midsummer Night's Dream Show, Composers' Showcase, Whitney Museum, NY, 1973.
- assistant stage manager, The Merchant, Broadway, 1977.
- stage manager, Lily Tomlin, Appearing Nitely, Broadway, 1977-78.
- assistant stage manager, Hello, Dolly!, Broadway, 1978.
- stage manager, Wings, Broadway, 1978-79.
- production stage manager, Shirley Bassey on Broadway, 1979.
- production stage manager, Modigliani, Off Broadway, 1979.
- assistant stage manager, West Side Story, Minskoff, NY, 1980.
- stage manager, The Little Foxes, Martin Beck, NY, 1981.
- stage manager, Good, Golden, NY, 1982-83.
- stage manager, Private Lives, Lunt-Fontanne, NY, 1983.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Stage manager, 1971-72 season, Repertory Theatre of Lincoln Center, national tour.
- property master, La Boheme, Metropolitan Opera Studio East Coast tour, 1973.
- production stage manager, The Rothschilds, summer stock tour, 1973.
- assistant stage manager, The Merchant, pre-Broadway, 1977.
- stage manager, Lily Tomlin Appearing Nitely, pre-Broadway and national tour, 1977-78.
- stage manager, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, pre-Broadway, 1978.
- stage manager, Wings, pre-Broadway, 1978-79.
- stage manager, The Little Foxes, pre-Broadway, national tour, and London,1981-82.
- stage manager, Private Lives, pre-Broadway and national tour.
- Directed staged readings of Cold Manhattan Special, The Safest Place, Cucumber Sandwiches Optional, Lightnin' Bugs an' God an' Things.
Other articles you might like: