Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Maurice Jarre to Lawrence N. Kasha
Jonas R. Jurasas Biography (1936-)
Last name pronounced You-ray-shas; born June 19, 1936, in Lithuania; son of Jonas (an officer) and Sofia (Jurksaite) Jurasas; married Marita A. Sluckaite(a writer); children: Joris- Christopher. Addresses: HOME--Ruemannstrasse 92, 8000 Munchen 40, West Germany. OFFICE-- 1775 Broadway, Second Flr., RFE/RL, New York, NY 10019.
- Birth Details
- June 19, 1936
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Plays by Chekhov, Gorky, Mayakovsky, Shakespeare, and others, all in theSoviet Union.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- East-West, Hartman Conservatory, Stamford, CT, 1976.
- A Walk in the Moonlight, Theatre for the New City, NY, 1978.
- Macbeth, La MaMa, 1977.
- Endgame, Trinity Conservatory, Providence, RI, 1979.
- The Suicide, Trinity Repertory, Providence, RI, then ANTA, NY, 1980.
- The Magnificent Cuckold, Yale Repertory, New Haven, CT, 1981.
- Zeks, Theatre for the New City, NY, 1982.
- The Three Sisters, Japan Performing Arts Center, TOGA Festival, 1984.
- Also, in the Soviet Union: Tango; Moliere; The Mamoth Hunt; Barbora Radvilaite; The House of Terror; Mother's Field; The Bolsheviks; Duel; The Physicists; Macbeth; others.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Featured roles in five films produced by MOSFILM, Soviet Union.
Other articles you might like: