Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Gary Kasper to Florence Klotz
Thomas Kilroy Biography (1934-)
Born September 23, 1934, in Callan, Ireland; son of Thomas and Mary (Devine)Kilroy; married Patricia Cobey (divorced, 1980); married Julia Lowell Carlson, December 19, 1981; children: (first marriage) Hugh Benjamin, Lorcan Thomas,Desmond Patrick; (second marriage) Hannah May. Addresses: Home--Kilmaine, County Mayo, Ireland.; Agent--Casarotto Ramsay Ltd., National House, 60-66 Wardour St., London, W1V 3HP, England.
- Birth Details
- September 23, 1934
- Callan, Ireland
Writings; STAGE PLAYS
- The Death and Resurrection of Mr. Roche, produced in Dublin, 1968, then London, 1969, later New York, 1978, published by Grove Press, 1969.
- The O'Neill, produced in Dublin, 1969.
- Tea and Sex and Shakespeare, produced in Dublin, 1976.
- Talbot's Box, produced in Dublin and London, both 1977, published by Gallery Press, 1979.
- The Seagull (adaptation of a play by Anton Chekhov), produced at Royal Court Theatre, London, 1981, published by Eyre Methuen, 1981, and by Gallery Press, 1993.
- Double Cross (two-act), produced in Derry and by Field Day Theatre Company, Royal Court Theatre, London, both 1986, published by Faber, 1986.
- The Madame MacAdam Travelling Theatre, produced by Field Day Theatre Company, 1991, published by Methuen, 1991.
- The Big Chapel (novel), Faber, 1971.
- (Editor) Sean O'Casey: A Collection of Critical Essays, Prentice-Hall, c.1975.
- Also author of television plays Farmers, 1978, The Black Joker, 1981, andGold in the Streets, 1993; author of radio plays The Door, 1967, and That Man, Bracken, 1986.
- Contemporary Authors, Volume 53-56, Gale, 1975, p. 337.
- Contemporary Dramatists, 4th edition, St. James Press, 1988, pp. 296-98.
Other articles you might like: