Stephen Lloyd Helper Biography (1957-)
Born March 8, 1957. Addresses: HOME--204 W. 88th Street, New York, NY10024.
Helper told CTFT: "Arthur Laurents gave me my first break. His generosity hasbeen followed by that of Jerome Robbins, Ruth Mitchell, Gerald Freedman, andRichard Maltby, Jr., all of whom continue to be my mentors. I spur myself ondaily to match and continue their professionalism and excellence as best I can."
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Artistic director, Yale Summer Theatre, 1978.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Assistant director, The Madwoman of Central Park West, 22 Steps Theater (now Latin Quarter), NY, 1979.
- assistant director, West Side Story, Minskoff, NY, 1980.
- director, Fiddler on the Roof, New York State Theater, Lincoln Center, 1981.
- director, Starting Here, Starting Now, PAF Playhouse, Huntington, NY, 1981.
- assistant director, Baby (in workshop and Broadway productions), NY, 1982-84.
- director, The Firebugs, Actor's Outlet, NY, 1983.
- director, They're Playing Our Song, Zachary Scott Theatre Center, Austin,TX, 1984.
- director, Fiddler on the Roof, Australian Opera Company, Sydney Opera House and Princess Theatre, Melbourne, Australia, 1984.
- assistant director, Song and Dance (in workshop and Broadway productions), NY, 1985.
- Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Assistant director, Fiddler on the Roof, national, 1980.
- Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK
- Assistant to Jerome Robbins, An Evening of Jerome Robbins' Ballets, NBC,1981.