Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
James Newton Howard to Kevin Jarre
Gregory S. Hurst Biography (1947-)
Born December 1, 1947, in Oak Park, IL; son of Squire (an executive salesman)and Marcia (an interior designer; maiden name, Tooker) Hurst; married PamelaBaldwin, June 21, 1969 (divorced, 1977); married Joyce Barbara Baum (a theatrical agent and casting director), April 4, 1981; children: Alexander Squire.Addresses: HOME--140 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10024; 2223 AllenStreet, Allentown, PA 18101. OFFICE--837 Linden Street, Allentown, PA 18101.
- Birth Details
- December 1, 1947
- Oak Park, Illinois, United States
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Director, Funny Girl, Mule Barn, Tarkio, MO, 1975, 21 performances.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Hedda Gabler, Playmakers Repertory, 1972.
- Guys and Dolls, South Pacific, both Mule Barn, Tarkio, MO, 1976.
- Bells Are Ringing, Joplin Civic, MO, 1977.
- Mary, Mary, Country Dinner Playhouse, St. Petersburg, FL, 1978.
- Kiss Me Kate, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, both Big Fork Playhouse, MT, 1978.
- with the Pennsylvania Stage Company, Allentown, PA: The Philadelphia Story, The Comedy of Errors, That Championship Season, Two Gentlemen of Verona, Desire Under the Elms, All My Sons, Stage Struck, The Crucible, all between 1979-85. Premieres at the Pennsylvania Stage Company: Damon's Song, 1979, Feathertop, 1980, Great Expectations, 1981, Song of Myself, 1982, Shim Sham, 1983,Copperhead, 1984, A Walk Out of the Water, 1985.
- MUSICALS,PRODUCED Terracide, Wayland Players, 1971.
- Song of Myself, Pennsylvania Stage Company, 1982.
- "Internships: The Sponsor/Employer's View," 1985 Internship Directory, Writer's Digest.
Other articles you might like: