Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Willie Aames to Steven Anderson
Jonathan Alper Biography (1950-)
Born September 14, 1950, in Washington, DC; son of Jerome M. and Janet (Levy)Alper. Addresses: HOME--785 West End Avenue, New York, NY 10025. OFFICE--c/o Manhattan Theatre Club, 453 W. 16th Street, New York, NY 10011.
- Birth Details
- September 14, 1950
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- The Madness of God, Arena Stage, Washington, DC, 1974. The Romance of Shakespeare, Meadow Brook Theatre, Rochester, MI, 1979.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Director, all with Folger Theatre Group, Washington, DC: The Comedy of Errors, 1975.
- All's Well That Ends Well, Black Elk Speaks, Much Ado about Nothing, all1976.
- (with Louis Scheeder) Teeth and Smiles, 1977.
- Hamlet, 1978.
- Also director, Safe House, Manhattan Theatre Club, New York City, 1978; director, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, Monmouth, ME, 1978; director,The Romance of Shakespeare, Meadow Brook Theatre, Rochester, MI, 1979; director, Fishing, Actors' Collective, New York City, 1979; director, The Eccentricities of a Nightingale, Bergen Stage, NJ, 1979; dramaturg, Hunting Scenes from Lower Bavaria, Manhattan Theatre Club, 1981; director, Death of a Buick, Manhattan Theatre Club, 1987.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Director, The Romance of Shakespeare, U.S. cities, 1979.