Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jim Carter to Tom Clark
Nick Chelton Biography
Born London. Designed lighting for numerous plays and musicals in the West End, at the RSC, the National Theatre and the Almeida. For the Abbey Theatre Dublin CHAMBER MUSIC, OBSERVE THE SONS OF ULSTER MARCHING TOWARDS THE SOMME, ANGELS IN AMERICA,SHE STOOPS TO FOLLY, THE SECRET FALL OF CONSTANCE WILDE, BY THE BOG OF CATS and DOLLY WEST's KITCHEN.
- At English National Opera over twenty productions including RUSA LKA, DOCTOR FAUST, THE MAGIC FLUTE, THE LOVE FOR THREE ORANGES, FIGARO'S WEDDING, IL TRITTICO. For the Royal Opera THE RAKE'S PROGRESS, MACBETH, SAMSON ET DALILA, TANNHAUSER, SAMSON, UN RE IN ASCOLTO, MITRIDATE, EUGENE ONEGIN. For Opera North most recently ARIANE AND BLUEBEARD, CARITAS and TROILUS AND CRESSIDA. For City of Birmingham Touring Opera THE RING SAGA. Also designed many productions for Kent Opera, Scottish Opera and the Welsh National Opera.
- Has designed lighting for the opera companies in Paris, Lyon, Geneva, Monte Carlo, Amsterdam, Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Bologna, Florence, Rome, Turin, Venice, Frankfurt, Berlin, Tel-Aviv, Sydney, New York (Metropolitan), Chicago and Houston.
- Has lit several ballets for Ballet Rambert and for London Festival Ballet, the Royal Ballet and Sadler's Wells Royal Ballet.
- He lit the television dramas PETER IN PARADISE (BBC 2) and FAMILY (Channel 4)
- He was Production Associate for Discovery Television's series HEROES.
Other articles you might like: