Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ruby R. Levitt to Eric Lutes
Stephen Lowe Biography (1947-)
Born December 1, 1947, in Nottingham, England. Addresses: Agent--Goodwin Associates, 12 Rabbit Row, London W8 4DX, England.
- Birth Details
- December 1, 1947
- Nottingham, England
- Comic Pictures (double-bill; contains Stars and Cards), produced in London, 1972, revised version produced at Scarborough Theatre, Scarborough, England, 1976.
- Touched, produced in Nottingham, England, 1977, published by Woodhouse (Todmorden, Yorkshire), 1977, revised version produced by English Stage Company, Royal Court Theatre, London, 1981, published by Eyre Methuen (London), 1981.
- The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists (adapted from the novel by Robert Tressell), produced at Liverpool Playhouse, Liverpool, England, 1978, publishedby Joint Stock (London), 1978, revised version produced at Half Moon Theatre, London, 1983, published by Methuen (London), 1983.
- Moving Pictures (also known as Glasshouses) produced by English Stage Company, Theatre Upstairs, London, 1981, published in Moving Pictures: Four Plays, Methuen, 1985.
- Tibetan Inroads, produced by English Stage Company, Royal Court Theatre,1981, published by Eyre Methuen, 1981.
- Cards, French (London), 1983.
- Seachange, produced at Riverside Studios, London, 1984, published in Moving Pictures: Four Plays, Methuen, 1985.
- Keeping Body and Soul Together, produced at Theatre Upstairs, 1984, published in Peace Plays 1, edited by Lowe, Methuen, 1985.
- Moving Pictures: Four Plays (contains Stars, Moving Pictures, Strive, andSeachange), Methuen, 1985.
- Demon Lovers, produced by Meeting Ground Theatre Company, Warehouse Theatre, London, 1987.
- The Storm (adapted from the play by Alexander Ostrovsky), produced at ThePit, London, 1987.
- Divine Gossip, produced by Royal Shakespeare Company, The Pit, 1988.
- Also author of Shooting, Fishing, and Riding, produced in Scarborough, 1977; Sally Ann Hallelujah Band, produced in Nottingham, 1977; Fred Karno's Bloody Circus, produced in London, 1980; Strive, produced in Exeter, 1983; The Trial of Frankenstein, produced in Plymouth, England, 1983; Desire, produced in Nottingham, 1986.
- Author of Cries from a Watchtower, 1979; Shades, 1982; Kisses on the Bottom, 1985; Unstable Elements--Atomic Stories, 1939-85, 1985; and the series Albion Market, 1986.
- Peace Plays 1, Methuen, 1985.
Other articles you might like: