Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Johnny Brandon to Ric Burns
Heywood Hale Broun Biography (1918-)
Addresses: Office: c/o CBS News, 51 W. 52nd Street, New York, NY, 10019; Agent: c/o Bill Cooper Associates, 224 W. 49th Street, New York, NY, 10036.
- announcer, actor, author
- Birth Details
- March 10, 1918
- New York
- Mr. Thorkelson, I Remember Mama, Woodstock Playhouse, NY, 1949.
- Phone man, Love Me Long 48th Street Theatre, 1949.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Mr. Hawkes, Peg O' My Heart, Vicar, Yes and No, Lakeside, CT, 1949; Mr. Ripley, The Bird Cage, Coronet, NY, 1950; Harry Holland, The Live Wire, Playhouse, NY, 1950; the Great Chesterton, The Small Hours, National, NY, 1951; bank clerk, Point of No Return, Alvin, NY, 1951; Bluntschli, Idiot's Delight, Westport Country Playhouse, CT, 1952; Ed Glennon, The Pink Elephant, Playhouse, NY, 1953; her lawyer, His and Hers, 48th Street Playhouse, NY, 1954; Anna Lucasta, Joy to the World, A Sound of Hunting, The Live Wire, The Enchanted, Mr. Roberts, Finian's Rainbow, Picnic, Sabrina Fair, My Three Angels, Look Homeward, Angel, The Disenchanted, The Solid Gold Cadillac, The Bad Seed, Tovarich, The Rainmaker, Woodstock Playhouse, NY, 1950-58; inspector, Dial "M" for Murder, Westchester County Playhouse, Mt. Kisco, NY, 1954; psychiatrist, The Seven Year Itch, Leroy, The Bad Seed, insurance man,Affair of Murder, Westchester County Playhouse, Mt. Kisco, NY, 1955;
- Postman, The Gimmick, Westport Country Playhouse, CT, 1956; Francis, The Bells Are Ringing, Shubert, NY, 1956; Janus, Bucks County Playhouse, New Hope, PA, 1958; clerk, The Andersonville Trial, HenryMiller's, NY, 1959; Mr. Akins, Send Me No Flowers, Brooks Atkinson, NY, 1960, Pocono Playhouse, Mountainhouse, PA, Falmouth Playhouse, MA, Cape Playhouse, Dennis, MA, Ogunquit Playhouse, ME, Lakewood Theater, Skowhegan,ME, Playhouse-on-the-Mall, Paramus, NJ, Clinton, NJ, Royal Poinciana Playhouse, Palm Beach, FL; Mr. Whitmyer, Take Her, She's Mine, Biltmore,NY, 1961; Love Among the Platypi, Bucks County Playhouse, New Hope, PA, 1962; Mr. Kelly, My Mother, My Father, and Me, Plymouth, NY, 1963; man in periwig, My Kinsman, Major Molineaux, The Old Glory, American Place, NY, 1964; Dr. Franklin Dugmore, The Man with the Perfect Wife, Royal Poinciana, Palm Beach, FL, 1965, Coconut Grove Playhouse, Miami, FL, 1965; Michael Wellspot, Xmas in Las Vegas, Ethel Barrymore, NY, 1965; William Tracy, The Philadelphia Story, Royal Poinciana, Palm Beach, FL, 1966; Carol Newquist, Little Murders, Broadhurst, NY, 1967.
Principal Film Appearances
It Should Happen to You, 1952; All the Way Home, 1963; Black Like Me 1964; The Odd Couple, 1968; For Pete's Sake, 1974.
Phil Silver's Arrow Television Theatre, 1949. Principal Television Appearances--Bloomer Girl, 1956; Ethan Frome, 1960; moderator, Under Discussion, "Poet Looks at the 20th Century," 1964; TheNurses, 1964; Car 54, Where Are You?, 1965; The Defenders,1965, 1966; The Today Show, 1965; The Quote Unquote Panel Series, 1966-67; The Patty Duke Show; The U.S. Steel Hour; All My Children,1979; The Doctors, 1980.
- Radio--The Eternal Light Series; Invitation to Learning, 1960-62.
- editor, The Collected Edition of Heywood Broun, 1940; A StudiedMadness, 1965; A Tumultous Merriment, 1977; Whose Little Boy Are You?, 1982.
Other articles you might like: