Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jack Dabdoub to Anthony John Denison
Nick Darke Biography (1948-)
Born August 29, 1948, in Wadebridge, England; children: two sons. Addresses: Agent--Margaret Ramsay Ltd., 14-A Goodwin's Court, London WC2N 4LL, England.
- Birth Details
- August 29, 1948
- Wadebridge, England
Credits; STAGE DIRECTOR
- Mother Goose (pantomime; also see below), Victoria Theatre, Stoke-on-Trent, England, 1977.
- Also director of Man Is Man, The Miser, Absurd Person Singular, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and A Cuckoo in the Nest, all produced at Victoria Theatre, 1977-79.
Credits; STAGE APPEARANCES
- Appeared in more than fifty plays, all at Victoria Theatre, Stoke-on-Trent, England.
- Mother Goose (pantomime), produced at Victoria Theatre, Stoke-on-Trent, England, 1977.
- Never Say Rabbit in a Boat, produced at Victoria Theatre, 1978.
- Landmarks, produced in Chester, England, 1979.
- A Tickle in the River's Back, produced in London, 1979.
- Summer Trade, produced in Ilfracombe, England, 1979.
- High Water, produced at Newcastle upon Tyne, England, 1980, published inPlays Introduction, Faber, 1984.
- Say Your Prayers (musical), produced in Plymouth, England, 1981.
- The Catch, produced in London, 1981.
- The Lowstoft Man, produced on tour in England, 1982.
- The Body (musical), produced in London, 1983, published by Methuen, 1983.
- Cider with Rosie (based on the work by Laurie Lee), produced in Manchester, England, 1983.
- The Earth Turned Inside Out, produced in St. Austell, England, 1984.
- Bud, produced in Newcastle upon Tyne, 1985.
- The Oven Glove Murders, produced in London, 1986.
- The Dead Monkey, produced in London, 1986, then at Cast Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, 1990.
- Ting Tang Mine and Other Plays, produced in St. Austell, 1987, then in London, 1987, published by Heinemann, 1987.
- (Contributor) Fears and Miseries of the Third Term, produced at Young VicStudio, London, 1989.
- Kissing the Pope, produced at Almeida Theatre, London, 1989, published inLondon, 1990.
- Author of television screenplay Farmer's Arms, 1983. Author of radio plays Foggy Anniversary, 1979, and Lifeboat, 1981.
Other articles you might like: