Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Peter McEnery to Gene Milford
Thomas McGuane Biography (1939-)
Full name, Thomas Francis McGuane III; born December 11, 1939, in Wyandotte,MI; son of Thomas Francis (a manufacturer) and Alice Rita (Torphy) McGuane; married Portia Rebecca Crockett, September 8, 1962 (divorced, 1975); married Margot Kidder (an actress), August, 1976 (divorced, May, 1977); married LaurieBuffett, September 19, 1977; children: Thomas Francis IV (first marriage); Maggie (second marriage); Anne Buffett (third marriage); Heather Hume (stepdaughter). Addresses: AGENT--John Hawkins Associates, 71 W. 23rd Street,Suite 1600, New York, NY 10010.
A film version of Thomas McGuane's novel The Sporting Club, adapted by Lorenzo Semple, Jr., was released by AVCO-Embassy in 1971.
- Birth Details
- December 11, 1939
- Wyandotte, Michigan, United States
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- Cowboy in bar, Cold Feet, Avenue, 1989.
Credits; FILM WORK
- Director, 92 in the Shade, United Artists, 1975.
- Rancho Deluxe, United Artists, 1975.
- 92 in the Shade, United Artists, 1975.
- The Missouri Breaks, United Artists, 1976.
- (with Bud Shrake) Tom Horn, Warner Brothers, 1980.
- (with Jim Harrison) Cold Feet, Avenue, 1989.
- The Sporting Club (novel), Simon & Schuster, 1969.
- The Bushwacked Piano (novel), Simon & Schuster, 1971.
- Ninety-Two in the Shade (novel), Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 1973.
- Panama (novel), Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 1978.
- An Outside Chance: Essays on Sport (nonfiction), Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 1980.
- Nobody's Angel (novel), Random House, 1982.
- Something to Be Desired (novel), Random House, 1984.
- In the Crazies: Book and Portfolio (signed limited edition), Winn Books,1984.
- To Skin a Cat (short stories), Dutton, 1986.
- Keep the Change (novel), Houghton Mifflin, 1989.