Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brock Peters to Jonathan Prince
Addison Powell Biography (1921-)
Born February 23, 1921, in Belmont, MA; son of Edward Henry (a school teacher) and Kathrene (a school teacher; maiden name, Barnum) Powell; married BunnieRowley, August 9, 1950; children: Michael Henry, Julia Kathrene, Mary Grace.Addresses: HOME--334 W. 86th Street, New York, NY 10024. AGENT--c/o Eisen Associates, 154 E. 61st Street, New York, NY 10021.
- Birth Details
- February 23, 1921
- Belmont, Massachusetts, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Warren Creamer, The Late Christopher Bean, Pine Tree Stagers, Thomaston, ME, 1940.
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Dov Gerstad, The Fragile Fox, Belasco Theatre, 1954, foreighty-five performances.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Willie Oban, The Iceman Cometh, Circle in the Square, New York City, 1956.
- Mr. Wolfe, The Enemy Is Dead, Bijou Theatre, New York City, 1973.
- Lyle, When You Comin' Back, Red Ryder?, Eastside Playhouse, New York City, 1973.
- Colorado Charlie Utter, Fathers and Sons, New York Shakespeare Festival,Public Theatre, New York City, 1978.
- Faulkner, Faulkner's Bicycle, Joyce Theatre, New York City, 1985.
- Hamilton Adams, Coastal Disturbances, Circle in the Square, 1987.
- Also appeared in The Philanderer, Yale Repertory Theatre, New Haven, CT,1982; In the Sweet Bye and Bye, Studio Arena Theatre, Buffalo, NY, 1985; Husbandry, Virginia Stage Company, Norfolk, VA, 1985; Traveler in the Dark, Playhouse in the Park, Cincinnati, OH, 1986; and with the Arena Stage, Washington,DC, 1981.
- FILM DEBUT--Mr. de Groot, Mating Game, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1958.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Board physician, Young Doctors, United Artists, 1961.
- James, In the French Style, Columbia, 1962.
- Abe, The Thomas Crown Affair (also known as Thomas Crown and Company andThe Crown Caper), United Artists, 1968.
- Atwood, Three Days of the Condor, DeLaurentiis Entertaiment Group, 1975.
- Admiral Nimitz, MacArthur, Paramount, 1976.
- Father Killeen, The Rosary Murders, New Line, 1987.
- Also appeared in Curse of Kilimanjaro, 1978.
- TELEVISION DEBUT--Philco Playhouse, NBC, 1951.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; MOVIES
- Chief Justice Marshall, The Man without a Country, ABC, 1973.
- Bob Halloran, Contract on Cherry Street, NBC, 1977.
- Dr. Eric Kerwin, Doctor Franken, NBC, 1980.
- Mr. Jones, Threesome, CBS, 1984.
- Also Tail Gunner Joe, NBC, 1977.