Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Michael Denison to Carol L. Dudley
Helen Duberstein Biography (1926-)
Born June 3, 1926, in New York, NY; daughter of Jacob M. (a businessman) andBeatrice Duberstein; married Victor Lipton (a writer), April 10, 1949; children: Jackie Frances, Irene Judith. Addresses: AGENT--Helmut Meyer, 330E. 79th Street, New York, NY 10021.
- Birth Details
- June 3, 1926
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Playwright, Circle Theatre Repertory Company, New York City, 1968- 72 andWoodstock, NY, 1972.
- adjunct community advisor, University of Boston, 1972.
- adjunct community advisor, University of Michigan, 1972.
- artistic director, Theatre for the New City, New York City, 1974- 79.
- playwright in residence, University of Hartford, CT, 1977-78.
- playwright in residence, Interlochen Academy of the Arts, 1979.
- creative writing teacher, P.S. 97, Queens, NY, 1981.
- president, Playwrights Group, Inc.
Writings;PLAYS; MANUSCRIPTS PERFORMED AS READINGS
- Street Scene, Chelsea Theatre Center and Heritage Theatre.
- The Kingdom by the Sea, Provincetown Playhouse, Circle in the Square, andCubiculo, New York City.
- The Affair, Circle Repertory Company at Westbeth Theatre, New York City and Old Reliable Theatre.
- Five Thousand Feet, Westbeth Theatre Cabaret, New York City.
- A Visit from Grandma, Dove Theatre Company.
- Love/Hate, Omni Theatre Club, New York City.
- Your Unhappiness with Me Is of No Concern to Readers, Omni Theatre Club and ASTA Theatre.
- The Visit, Assembly Theatre and Westbeth Theatre, New York City.
- Time Shadows, Circle Repertory Theatre and Roudabout Theatre, New York City.
- The Monkey of the Inkpot, Actors Experimental Unit with Playwrights Cooperative.
- Copout!, New York Theatre Ensemble, New York City and University of Hartford, CT.
- The Play Within, New York Theatre Ensemble, New York City.
- When I Died My Hair in Venice, Circle Theatre Company, New York City.
- Foggia, Theatre-in-Zimmer, Hamburg, Germany.
- The Brain, Open Space Theatre and Playwrights Group Theatre, New York City.
- The Puppeteers, Uptaught Theatre.
- Under the Bridge There Is a Lonely Spot with Gregory Peck, Plaza Theatreat Lincoln Center and Theatre for the New City, New York City.
- Four Corners, Quaigh Theatre and Circle Theatre Repertory Company, New York City.
- We Never Thought a Wedding, Theatre for the New City, New York City.
- The Broken Lease.
- PLAYS,PUBLISHEDPlays have been published in Dramatica, Janus, and Quixotemagazines.
- Arrive Safely, Changes, The Voyage Out, Succubus/Incubus, The Human Dimension.
- Her poetry has also appeared in The Living Underground, City College Annual Poetry Awards, Provincetown Poets, Confrontation, The Village Voice, The Outsider, Liberation.
- Has written for Semiotext, Catalyst 87, New Letters, for Now, Jewish Dialogue, Confrontation, Shantih, Ingenue.
Other articles you might like: