Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Maurice Jarre to Lawrence N. Kasha
Patricia Joudry Biography (1921-)
Born October 18, 1921, in Spirit River, Alberta, Canada; daughter of CliffordGeorge (a magazine editor and publisher) and Beth (a painter and potter; maiden name, Gilbart) Joudry; married Delmar Dinsdale (divorced, 1952); marriedJohn Steele (divorced, 1975); children: Gay Gilbaud, Sharon Martin, Stephanie, Melanie, Felicity. Addresses: Home--P.O. Box 105, Lund, British Columbia VON 2GO, Canada.
A doctoral thesis from McGill University addresses Joudry's theatrical writings.
- Birth Details
- October 18, 1921
- Spirit River, Canada
- Teach Me How to Cry (also known as The Restless Years and The Wonderful Years), Theatre de Lys, New York City, 1955, published by Dramatists Play Service (New York City), 1955.
- The Sand Castle, Margo Jones Theatre, Dallas, TX, 1956, published by Playwrights Canada, 1981.
- Three Rings for Michelle, Avenue Theatre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 1956.
- Walk Alone Together, Duke of York Theatre, London, England, 1960.
- Semi-Detached, Martin Beck Theatre, New York City, 1960, published by Dramatists Play Service.
- The Song of Louise in the Morning (one-act play), Dramatists Play Service, 1960.
- Valerie, London, England production, 1961.
- Years of Your Father, 1961.
- A Child of Wisdom, 1961.
- Fly with Me to Paradise Found, 1961.
- God Goes Heathen, 1964.
- The Man with the Perfect Wife, Royal Poinciana Playhouse, Miami, FL, 1965.
- Anybody Seen My Yo-Yo?, 1968.
- Toe of Clay, 1969.
- Think Again, 1969.
- The Enchanted Virgin, 1970.
- Now (multimedia), 1970.
- I Ching, 1971.
- The Dweller on the Threshold, 1971.
- My Lady Shiva, 1973.
- Seeds under the Snow, 1973.
- O Listen!, first produced, 1977, Theatre Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, 1984, published as novel by McClelland and Stewart (Toronto, Ontario, Canada), 1980.
- The Children and the Flowers, 1978.
- A Very Modest Orgy, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, 1981, published as novel in 1981.
- Also wrote Don the Dinted Armour and Stranger in My House.
- And the Children Played (also known as ... and the Children Played), Tundra Books (Plattsburg, NY), 1975.
- Spirit River to Angels' Roost: Religions I Have Loved and Left (autobiography), Tundra Books (Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and Plattsburg, NY), 1977.
- Sound Therapy for the Walk Man, St. Peter's Press (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada), 1984.
- (With Maurie D. Pressman) Twin Souls: Eternal Feminine, Eternal Masculine, Somerville House Canada (Toronto, Ontario, Canada), 1993.
- (With Maurie D. Pressman) Twin Souls: A Guide to Finding Your True Spiritual Partner, Somerville House Canada, 1993.
- Also wrote The P.A.N. Environment.
- The Dweller on the Threshold, McClelland and Stewart (Toronto, Ontario, Canada), 1973.
- The Selena Tree, McClelland and Stewart, 1980.
- Also wrote The Continuing City.
- "The New Word Is Da," 1972.
- "The Devil Is an Honourable Man," 1973.
- "People's Lib," 1973.
Writings;Radio Scripts; Series
- The Aldrich Family, syndicated and NBC, 1946-49.
- Also wrote for Penny's Diary.
Other articles you might like: