Walter Willison Biography (1947-)
Addresses: Home: 123 W. 78th Street, Penthouse #4,, New York, NY, 10025; Agent: Luis San Jurjuro, ICM, 40 W. 57th Street, New York, NY, 10019.
- actor, singer, playwright, lyricist
- Birth Details
- June 24, 1947
- Monterey Park, California
- Walter, Here's Love, California Theatre, San Bernadino, CA, 1964.
- New York Debut
- Garson Hobart, Norman Is That You?, Lyceum, for 20 previews and 12performances, 1970.
- Principal Stage Appearances
- James Preston, On a Clear Day You Can See Forever, Greek, Los Angeles, CA, Geary, San Francisco, CA, 1968; Danny, Your Own Thing, Marines Memorial, San Francisco, CA, 1968; Prince Dauntless, Once Upon a Mattress, Desert Inn Hotel, Las Vegas, NV, 1969; Japheth, Two by Two, Imperial, NY, 1970-71; celebrant/first rock singer, Mass, Kennedy Center,Washington, DC, 1971; Charlie, Wild and Wonderful, Lyceum, NY, 1971;guest star, A Celebration of Richard Rodgers, Imperial, NY, 1972; Prince Charming, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, St. Louis Municipal Opera, MO, 1972: Pippin, Pippin, Imperial, NY, 1972-73; Lt. Cable, South Pacific, 25th Anniversary, NY, Players Club, NY, 1974; guest star, AGala Tribute to Joshua Logan, Imperial, NY, 1974; guest star, A Tribute to George Abbott, Shubert, NY, 1975; Carny O'Brien, Front Street Gaieties, Mayfair, Santa Monica, CA, 1980-81; lead, They Say It's Wonderful, a Salute to Irving Berlin, St. Regis Hotel, NY, 1981; Kid Kotten, Broadway Scandals of 1928, O'Neal's, NY, 1982.
- Major Tours
- James Preston, On a Clear Day You Can See Forever, bus and truck national tour, 1967-68; Danny, Your Own Thing, bus and truck national tour, 1969-70.
- Film Debut
- Mongolian Prince, Harry and Tonto Go to New York, 1976.
- Principal Film Appearances
- Soundtrack vocals, Fantasies, 1980.
- Television Debut
- The Today Show, 1970.
- Principal Television Appearances
- The David Frost Show, 1970; Clyde Griffins, An American Tragedy, segment of The Great Novelists, 1975; Celebrity Revue, 1976; Dr. Buck Wheaton, Days of Our Lives, 1978; Dr. Calvin Campbell, McDuff, the Talking Dog, 1976-77; co-star, Ziegfeld: The Man and HisWomen, 1978.
- Plays, Produced
- Front Street Gaieties, "Dodge City's Hottest Revue,"; Los Angeles, CA, 1980-81; Broadway Scandals of 1928, book and lyrics. Club Broadway, O'Neal's Times Square, NY, 1982.