Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Joan Greenwood to James Handy
Adrian Hall Biography (1927-)
Born December 3, 1927, in Van, Texas; son of Lennie (a farmer) and Mattie (Murphee) Hall. Addresses: OFFICE--Dallas Theatre Center, 3636 Turtle Creek Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75219.
- Birth Details
- December 3, 1927
- Van, Texas, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Another Part of the Forest, Lenox Hill Playhouse, New York City, 1956.
- The Time of Your Life, Lenox Hill Playhouse, 1957.
- The Trip to Bountiful, Theatre East, New York City, 1959.
- Orpheus Descending, Gramercy Arts Theatre, New York City, 1959.
- The Mousetrap, Maidman Playhouse, New York City, 1960.
- Donogoo, Red Roses for Me, both Greenwich Mews Theatre, New York City, 1961.
- Riverwind, Actors Playhouse, New York City, 1962.
- The Milk Train Doesn't Stop Here Anymore, Barter Theatre, Abingdon, VA, 1963.
- The Hostage, Fred Miller Theatre, Milwaukee, WI, 1964.
- Mother Courage, Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, Milwaukee, WI, 1966.
- Peer Gynt, Missouri Repertory Theatre, Kansas City, MO, 1975.
- Enemy of the People, Guthrie Theatre, Minneapolis, MN, 1977.
- Buried Child, Yale Repertory Theatre, New Haven, CT, 1979.
- The Hothouse, Playhouse Theatre, New York City, 1982.
- Journey of the Fifth Horse, American Repertory Theatre, Cambridge, MA, 1982.
- Directed summer theatre productions at the Playhouse Theatre and the Alley Theatre, both Houston, TX, 1953-54; at the Phoenicia Playhouse, Phoenicia,NY, 1957-60; and at the Civic Auditorium, Charlotte, NC, 1961; also directorfor the Trinity Square Repertory Company, Providence, RI, and the Dallas Theatre Center, Dallas, TX.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Director, Toys in the Attic, U.S. cities, 1961.
- Also directed various U.S. and world tours for the Trinity Square Repertory Company.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; EPISODIC
- Director, "Feasting with Panthers," Theatre in America, PBS, 1973.
- director, "Brother to Dragons," Theatre in America, PBS, 1975.
- director, "Life Among the Lowly," Visions, PBS, 1978.
- Producer, Theatre in America, PBS.
- producer, Visions, PBS.
- MINI-SERIES Producer and director, House of Mirth, PBS, 1979.
- Producer and director, Edith Wharton: A Biography, PBS, 1980.
- PLAYS; ALL PRODUCED BY THE TRINITY SQUARE REPERTORY COMPANY, PROVIDENCE,RI,UNLESS INDICATED (With Timothy Taylor) Son of Man and the Family, 1970.
- (with Richard Cumming) Feasting with Panthers, 1973.
- (with Cumming) Uncle Tom's Cabin: A History, 1979.
- (adaptor) In the Belly of the Beast, Center Theatre Group, Mark Taper Forum, Los Angeles, CA, 1985.
- (Adaptor) "Brother to Dragons," Theatre in America, PBS, 1975.
- "Life Among the Lowly," Visions, PBS, 1978.
- (adaptor) House of Mirth, PBS, 1979.
Other articles you might like: