Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Johnny Brandon to Ric Burns
Eileen Burns Biography ((?)-)
Born January 10, in Hartsdale, NY; daughter of George Armour Prince (an interior designer) and Anna Maria (Jensen) Burns. Addresses: HOME--400 W. 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036.
- Birth Details
- January 10,
- Hartsdale, New York, United States
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Dolores, Mahogany Hall, Bijou Theatre, 1934.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Sylvia (understudy), The Women, Ethel Barrymore Theatre, New York City, 1936.
- social worker, Native Son, Majestic Theatre, New York City, 1942.
- Lady Wildering, Declassee, Lion Theatre, New York City, 1981.
- Also appeared in Merrily We Roll Along, Music Box Theatre, New York City,1934; Daughters of Atreus, 44th Street Theatre, New York City, 1936; The Fabulous Invalid, Broadhurst Theatre, New York City, 1938; The American Way, Center Theatre, New York City, 1939; Christopher Blake, Music Box Theatre, 1946;Small Hours, National Theatre, New York City, 1951; Mourning Becomes Electra, Circle in the Square, New York City, 1972; and in First Lady, The Use of the Hall, and The Women of Henry James, all New York City.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Sabrina Fair, U.S. cities, 1974.
- Albee Directs Albee, U.S. cities, 1975, then U.S. State Department tour of the Orient, 1976-78.
- Also toured in Bell, Book, and Candle and Light Up the Sky.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- Love of Life, CBS.
- The Secret Storm, CBS.
- Studio One, NBC.
- U.S. Steel Hour, CBS.
- Broadway Television Theatre, NBC.
- Robert Montgomery Presents, NBC.
Credits; PRINCIPAL RADIO APPEARANCES; SERIES
- Corwin, Descent of the Gods.
- Golden Orchid, One of the Finest.
- "Resistance Play," Family Hour, CBS, 1963.
- Contributor to Opera News, 1966-67.
Other articles you might like: