Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Judy Cornwell to Howard Da Silva
Gretchen Cryer Biography (1935-)
Born Gretchen Kiger, October 17, 1935, in Dunreith, IN; married David Cryer (an actor, producer, and singer; divorced); children: Jon. Addresses: HOME--885 West End Avenue, New York, NY 10025.
- Birth Details
- October 17, 1935
- Dunreith, Indiana, United States
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Miss Kepplewhite, Little Me, Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, 1962.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Chorus, 110 in the Shade, Broadhurst Theatre, New York City, 1963.
- lead role, Now Is the Time for All Good Men, Theatre de Lys, New York City, 1967.
- lead role, I'm Getting My Act Together and Taking It on the Road, New York Shakespeare Festival (NYSF), Anspacher Theatre, then transferring to the Circle in the Square Downtown, 1978.
- A Circle of Sounds, Manhattan Theatre Club, New York City, 1978.
- Della Juracko, Blue Plate Special, Manhattan Theatre Club, New York City,1983.
Credits; PRINCIPAL CONCERT APPEARANCES
- Appeared with Nancy Ford in a program of their songs at Town Hall Theatreand the Cookery, New York City.
- PLAYS, PRODUCED; WITH NANCY FORD AS COMPOSER,EXCEPT AS NOTED Book and lyrics, Now Is the Time for All Good Men, Theatre de Lys, New York City, 1967.
- The Last Sweet Days of Isaac, 1970.
- (with Doug Dyer and Peter Link) The Wedding of Iphigenia, and Iphigenia in Concert, both 1971.
- Shelter, Broadway production, 1973.
- I'm Getting My Act Together and Taking It on the Road, NYSF, Anspacher Theatre, then transferring to the Circle in the Square Downtown, New York City,1978.
- Hang on to the Good Times, Manhattan Theatre Club at City Center, New York City, 1985.
- PLAYS,PUBLISHEDAll with Nancy Ford, published by Samuel French, Inc.: NowIs the Time for All Good Men, The Last Sweet Days of Isaac, Shelter, and I'mGetting My Act Together and Taking It on the Road.
Other articles you might like: