Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ruby R. Levitt to Eric Lutes
John Lion Biography (1944-)
Born May 17, 1944, in Baltimore, MD; son of Simon John (an attorney) and MaryFrances (a stenographer) Lion; married Margaret Anne Dunn (a designer), September 10, 1983. Addresses: HOME--San Francisco, CA. OFFICE--Magic Theater, Building D, Fort Mason, San Francisco, CA 94123.
- Birth Details
- May 17, 1944
- Baltimore, Maryland, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Tranio, Taming of the Shrew, Court Theater, Chicago, IL, 1963, 50 performances.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Director, Magic Theatre, nearly sixty plays since 1967.
- Auto Destruct, Manhattan Theater Club, NY, 1975.
- director, La Turista, Milwaukee Repertory, WI, 1975.
- producer, Fool for Love, Douglas Fairbanks, 1984-present.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Fool for Love, NY, Tokyo.
- FILM DEBUT--Larry Bell, The Right Stuff, Warner Brothers, 1983.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Chicken Man, Sudden Impact, Warner Brothers, 1983.
- PLAYS,PUBLISHED Rock and Roll Jesus with a Cowboy Mouth, American TheaterMagazine.
Other articles you might like: