Katie Boyle Biography (1926-)
Born Caterina Imperiali di Francavilla, May 29, 1926, in Florence, Italy; daughter of Marchese Demetrio Imperiali di Francavilla and Dorothy Kate Ramsden;married Richard Boyle, Earl of Shannon (divorced); married Greville Baylis (deceased); married Sir Peter Saunders. Addresses: Office: c/o Vaudeville Theatre Office, 10 Maiden Lane, London WC2E 7NA, England.
- television, radio presenter
- Birth Details
- May 29, 1926
- Florence, Italy
- Credits; Stage Appearances
- Stella Manners, Silver Wedding, Cambridge Theatre, London, 1957.
- Made stage debut at the Theatre Royale, London; appeared in Pardon MyClaws, 1955.
- Credits; Film Appearances
- Not Wanted on Voyage, Renown, 1957.
- Intent to Kill, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1958.
- Also appeared in Old Mother Riley Goes to School, 1956.
- Credits; Television Appearances; Series
- Starred in The Golden Girl; appeared as host, Eurovision Song Contest, four times between 1960-74; also appeared as panelist on numerous television shows, including The Name's the Same, I've Got a Secret, To Tell theTruth and the Italian version of What's My Line.
- Credits; Radio Appearances
- Katie and Friends, BBC-2, 1990--.
- Appeared in numerous radio programs, including Pop over Europe, 1960-78.
- Credits; Writings
- Author of What THIS Katie Did (autobiography); also author of "Dear Katie" column, T.V. Times, and "Agony Aunt" column, Dog Times; columnist, Evening Standard, Sun, Sunday Mirror, and Here's Health.