Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Joe Viterelli to Orson Welles
Paul Weidner Biography (1934-)
Full name, Paul Russell Weidner; born March 29, 1934, in Charleston, SC; sonof Paul Russell (a teacher) and Joanna (Powers) Weidner. Addresses: OFFICE--c/o Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers, 1501 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.
- Birth Details
- March 29, 1934
- Charleston, South Carolina, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Six Characters in Search of an Author, Martinique Theatre, New York City, 1963.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Sir Andrew Aguecheek, Twelfth Night, Asolo Theatre, Sarasota, FL, 1964.
- Argan, The Imaginary Invalid, Asolo Theatre, then Hartford Stage Company,Hartford, CT, both 1964.
- Telyegin, Uncle Vanya, Hastings, She Stoops to Conquer, Vladimir, Waitingfor Godot, Trinculo, The Tempest, all Hartford Stage Company, 1965.
- Polonius, Hamlet, Nano, Volpone, Demokos, Tiger at the Gates, all Asolo Theatre, 1965.
- Algernon, The Importance of Being Earnest, general, The Balcony, both Hartford Stage Company, 1966.
- Verges, Much Ado about Nothing, Harpagon, The Miser, Mr. Smith, The BaldSoprano, all Asolo Theatre, 1966.
- Chebutykin, The Three Sisters, Hartford Stage Company, 1966.
- mute, Madwoman of Chaillot, Asolo Theatre, 1967.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- The Farce of Scapino, Asolo Theatre, Sarasota, FL, 1967.
- Look Back in Anger, Asolo Theatre, 1968.
- The Price, Williamstown Theatre Festival, Williamstown, MA, 1970.
- My Sister, My Sister, Little Theatre, New York City, 1974.
- A Delicate Balance, McCarter Theatre, Princeton, NJ, 1982.
- Come Back Little Sheba, Roundabout Theatre, New York City, 1984.
- Master Harold ... and the Boys, Seattle Repertory Theatre, Seattle, WA, 1984.
- Also directed at the Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, Milwaukee, WI.
- With the Hartford Stage Company, Hartford, CT, all as producer unless indicated: Director, Tartuffe, 1965; director, Twelfth Night, Endgame, Act without Words, all 1966; (also director) The Servant of Two Masters, 1967; The Rose Tattoo, 1968; The Homecoming, Life with Father, both 1969; (also director)The Seagull, The Waltz Invention, A Delicate Balance, The Trial, The Farce ofScapino, all 1969; Joe Egg, Misalliance, Anything Goes, Ring Around the Moon, all 1970; (also director) The Trial of A. Lincoln, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, both 1970; (also director) A Gun Play, The Boys in the Band, Henry V, all 1971; Long Day's Journey into Night, Blithe Spirit, No Place to Be Somebody, all 1971; (also director) Rooted, Tiny Alice, The Misanthrope, all 1972; Charley's Aunt, Loot, A Streetcar Named Desire, all 1972; Juno and the Paycock, Getting Married, both 1973; (also director) My Sister, My Sister,Nightlight, Old Times, You Can't Take It with You, all 1973; (also director)Ubu Roi, A Touch of the Poet, School for Scandal, The Hot l Baltimore, The Cherry Orchard, all 1974; Arsenic and Old Lace, 1974; (also director) AfternoonTea, Room Service, All Over, all 1975; (also director) The Estate, The BloodKnot, Waltz of the Toreadors, all 1976; (also director) A History of the American Film, All the Way Home, Past Tense, all 1977; (also director) Rain, Wedding Band, both 1978; (also director) Galileo, Bonjour la Bonjour, both 1979;guest director, The Lady from Dubuque, 1981.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK
- Director, All Over, WNET, 1975.
- PLAYS; TRANSLATOR, ALL PRODUCED BY THE HARTFORD STAGE COMPANY, HARTFORD,CT Servant of Two Masters, 1967.
- Scapino, 1969.
- Ubu Roi, 1974.
Other articles you might like: