Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Marla Singer to Rod Steiger
June Squibb Biography (1935-)
Born November 6, 1935, in Vandalia, IL; daughter of Louis C. (in the insurance business) and Joybelle M. (maiden name, Force) Squibb; married Edward Sostek (divorced); married Charles Kakatsakis (an acting teacher); children: (second marriage) Harry.
- Birth Details
- November 6, 1935
- Vandalia, Illinois, United States
- Hilda, Alice, Orion, 1990
- Mrs. Hunsaker, Scent of a Woman, Universal, 1992
- Mingott Maid, The Age of Innocence, Columbia, 1993
- Cousin Gretchen, In & Out, Paramount, 1997
- Helen, Meet Joe Black, Universal, 1998
- Jeannie, About Schmidt, New Line Cinema, 2001
- Appeared in "The Day the Senior Class Got Married," CBS After School Special, CBS.
- Glory Winston, The Street, syndicated, 1988
- Sylvia Sherman, "Progeny," Law & Order, NBC, 1995
- Eileen DeRose, "Merger," Law & Order, NBC, 1999
- Organist, "Valentine's Day," Ed, NBC, 2001
- Appeared as Mrs. Led Letter, All My Children, ABC; also appeared in As the World Turns and Guiding Light, both CBS; and in Search for Tomorrow, CBS and NBC.
- Ardis, Sable Brush, Royal Theatre, 1956
The Happy Time, Broadway Theatre, New York City, 1968
- Mary Rosemarsh, Gorey Stories, Booth Theatre, New York City, 1978
- Selima, Family Portrait, Rutgers Church, 1986
The House of Bernarda Alba, T.O.M.I. Theatre, 1987
- Mrs. Leimgruber, Judgment Day, Center Stage, Baltimore, MD, 1988
- Understudy for the roles of Sister Virgilia and Sister Joseph, Sacrilege, Belasco Theatre, New York City, 1995
- Also appeared as Abigail, The Crucible, as Ismene, Antigone, as a physical education major, Goodbye My Fancy, and as Titania, A Midsummer Night's Dream, all Cleveland Play House, Cleveland, OH; as Denise, Bonjour La Bonjour, as Giselle, The Workroom, and as Mrs.Webb, Our Town, all Baltimore Center Stage, Baltimore, MD; as Electra, Gypsy, Imperial Theatre, New York City; as Giselle, The Workroom, and as a gypsy, The Forced Marriage, both South Street Theatre, NY; as Hazel, Blues for Mr. Charlie, Amistad Theatre; as the title role, Juno, Vineyard Theatre; as a laughing lady, Mrs. Moe, and Mrs. Salt,Museum, Folger Theatre, Washington, DC; as Mrs. Cooke, Castaways, Promenade Theatre, New York City; as Mrs. Grey, Wake Up Lone Riser, Delaware Theatre Company; as Mom and Nurse Buchanan, Funeral March for aOne Man Band, Westbeth Theatre; appeared in Sitting and Saving Grace, Buffalo Studio Arena; also appeared in Lydie Breeze, Workshop Theatre. Appeared in summer stock performances as Aunt Eller, Oklahoma, as Mrs. Paroo, Music Man, as Mrs. Pearce, My Fair Lady, and as Mrs. Strakosh, Funny Girl, all St. Louis, MO; appeared as Stella Deem,Follies, Cain Park, Cleveland, OH.
- Appeared as Helen, Ballroom, as Mrs. Puffy, The Streets of NewYork, and as Parthy, Showboat, all U.S. cities.