Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jules Tasca to Sam Trammell
Robert Thompson Biography (1937-)
Born May 31, 1937, in Palmyra, NY; son of Roger (a farmer) and Gladys (Smith)Thompson; married Helen M. Miller, August 31, 1957 (divorced, 1976); children: Mark, Peter, Patrick. Addresses: HOME--4536 Mary Ellen Avenue, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423. AGENT--Shapiro- Lichtman, 8827 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
- Birth Details
- May 31, 1937
- Palmyra, New York, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK
- Producer (with Roderick Paul), The Paper Chase, Twentieth Century- Fox, 1973.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; SERIES
- Executive producer, The Paper Chase, CBS, 1978-79.
- Producer (with Roderick Paul), Lanigan's Rabbi, NBC, 1976.
- Director, Chicago Story, NBC, 1982.
- director, The Renegades, ABC, 1983.
- Also director, Dynasty, ABC; director, The Greatest American Hero, ABC; director, Hill Street Blues, NBC; director, Magnum, P.I.,CBS; director, The Paper Chase, CBS; director, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, CBS; director, Fantasy Island, ABC; director, Dallas,CBS; director, Fame director, The New F.B.I.
- Producer (with Paul), The Mark of Zorro, ABC, 1974.
- director and (with Clyde Phillips) producer, Bud and Lou, NBC, 1978.
- executive producer, The $5.20 an Hour Dream, CBS, 1980.
- producer (with Paul), Love Lives On, ABC, 1985.
- executive producer, Broken Vows, CBS, 1987.
- Also director, Words By Heart, PBS.
- Director, ABC Afterschool Special, ABC.
- director, ABC Playbreak, ABC.
- Also directed California Fever, 1980.
- The Preparation, It Is Only a Game, and Goodbye My Son, all one-act plays.
- Co-writer, Leavin' Venus, Apollo.
- co-writer, Heaven Only Knows.
- Co-writer, Trapper John, M.D., CBS.
Other articles you might like: