Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Joe Viterelli to Orson Welles
Zena Walker Biography (1934-)
Born March 7, 1934, in Birmingham, England; daughter of George (a trader) andElizabeth Louise (Hammond) Walker; married Robert Urquhart, December, 1956 (divorced, 1961); married Julian Holloway (divorced); married John French (a theatrical agent), August 18, 1979; children: Mathew, Alison. Addresses: HOME--24 St Anselm's Place, London W1, England.; AGENT--Joy Jameson, c/o French's, 26 Binney Street, London W1, England.
- Birth Details
- March 7, 1934
- Birmingham, England
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- STAGE DEBUT--Smooth-Faced Gentleman, Alexandra Theatre, Birmingham, U.K.,1950.
- LONDON DEBUT-- Angelina, South, Arts Theatre, 1955.
- BROADWAY DEBUT-- Sheila, A Day in the Death of Joe Egg, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, 1968.
- Miranda, The Tempest, Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC), Memorial Theatre,Stratford-on-Avon, U.K., 1952.
- Juliet, Romeo and Juliet, RSC, Memorial Theatre, 1954.
- Katharine, Henry V, Perdita, The Winter's Tale, both Old Vic Theatre Company, London, 1955-56.
- Annabella, 'Tis Pity She's a Whore, Mermaid Theatre, London, 1961.
- Violet, Man and Superman, Arts Theatre, London, 1965, then Vaudeville Theatre, London, 1966.
- Varya, The Cherry Orchard, Lady Macduff, Macbeth, both Chichester Festival Theatre, Chichester, U.K., 1966.
- Aglae, The Fighting Cock, Chichester Festival Theatre, then Duke of York's Theatre, London, both 1966.
- Sheila, A Day in the Death of Joe Egg, Comedy Theatre, London, 1967.
- June Elliot, It's All in the Mind, Hampstead Theatre Club, London, 1968.
- wife, Marriages, King's Head Theatre, London, 1973.
- Ghislaine de Ste. Euverte, Waltz of the Toreadors, Haymarket Theatre, London, 1974.
- Susan, Away from It All, ICA Theatre, London, 1974.
- Jenny Rastall, The Case in Question, Haymarket Theatre, 1975.
- Miss Cooper, Separate Tables, Apollo Theatre, London, 1977.
- Jenny, Close of Play, Lyttelton Theatre, London, 1979.
- Also appeared in Passion Play, London, 1984; and The Women, Old Vic Theatre Company, London, 1985.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- The Reckoning, Columbia, 1969.
- Cromwell, Columbia, 1970.
- The Dresser, Columbia, 1983.
- Also appeared in Sammy Going South.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; MOVIES
- Man at the Top.
- Abide with Me.
- Telford's Change.
- That Crazy Woman.
- Write Away.
- The Wake, 1976.
Other articles you might like: