Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Rachel Luttrell to Robert Markowitz
Abby Mann Biography (1927-)
Born Abraham Goodman, December 1, 1927, in Philadelphia, PA; son of Ben Goodman (a jeweler); married Harriet Carr (divorced). Addresses: HOME--Beverly Hills, CA. OFFICE--c/o Columbia Pictures Corporation, 711 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10022.
- Birth Details
- December 1, 1927
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK
- Executive producer, The Schmid Case, National General, 1969.
- executive producer, After the Fall, Paramount, 1969.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; SERIES
- Creator, Kojak (adapted from the movie The Marcus-Nelson Murders, see below), CBS, 1973.
- executive producer, Medical Story, NBC, 1975-76.
- Executive producer and director, King, NBC, 1978.
- Executive producer, Medical Story, NBC, 1975.
- Executive producer, Skag, NBC, 1980.
- Executive producer, The Marcus-Nelson Murders, CBS, 1973.
- Executive producer, This Man Stands Alone, NBC, 1979.
- Executive producer, The Atlanta Child Murders, CBS, 1985.
- Judgment at Nuremburg, United Artists, 1961, published by Cassell, 1961.
- A Child Is Waiting, United Artists, 1963, published by Popular Library, 1963.
- The Condemned of Altona, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1963.
- Ship of Fools, Columbia, 1965, published by Pressbook, 1965.
- Andersonville, Columbia, 1966.
- The Detective, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1968.
- After the Fall, Paramount, 1969.
- The Back Room, Universal, 1969.
- The Schmid Case, National General, 1969.
- (with Ernest Tidyman) Report to the Commissioner, United Artists, 1975.
- The Children of Sanchez, Lone Star International, 1978.
- War and Love, Cannon, 1985.
- Also What Are We Going to Do Without Skipper?, National General; Light inAugust.
- "A Child Is Waiting," Studio One, CBS, 1957.
- "Judgment at Nuremberg," Playhouse 90, CBS, 1959.
- Also wrote for Alcoa Theatre, NBC; Goodyear TV Playhouse, NBC.
- Medical Story, NBC, 1975.
- Skag, NBC, 1980.
- The Marcus-Nelson Murders, CBS, 1973.
- King, NBC, 1978.
- The Atlanta Child Murders, CBS, 1985.
- While attending college, all student productions: Just Around the Corner(musical); Freud Has a Word for It (musical); (with Herbert Cobey) The Happiest Days and Sweet Lorraine; Exodus.
- Judgment at Nuremburg, New American Library, 1961.
- Medical Story, Signet, 1975.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, Doubleday, 1978.
- Massacre at Wounded Knee, Zebra, 1979.
Other articles you might like: