Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Joe Viterelli to Orson Welles
Joel Weiss Biography (1953-)
Born September 21, 1953; son of Charles (an actor) and Beatrice Weiss. Addresses: HOME--3340-5 Bailey Avenue, Bronx, NY 10463. AGENT--Leonetti Talent Agency, 6526 Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, CA 90028.
Weiss wrote to tell CTFT that his favorite part was "my role as Cropsey in Walter Hill's The Warriors, because I had such a good time and made money." Thetwo films in which Mr. Weiss starred, The Bargain and A Block in the Bronx,were selected for inclusion at the 1984 New York Film Festival.
- STAGE DEBUT--Third westerner, Pony Express, fifth grade class at P.S. 33,Bronx.
- NEW YORK DEBUT--Bear, Shooting Gallery, 13th Street Theatre, 1976, 27 performances.
- FILM DEBUT--Cropsey, The Warriors, Paramount, 1979.
- PRINCIPAL FILMS--Subway Fantasy.
- Housing Project U.S.A.
- The Bargain.
- Johnny Able, A Block in the Bronx, Bronx Film Project, 1983.
- The Flamingo Kid, 1984.
- Brewster's Millions, 1985, Universal.
- TELEVISION DEBUT--Headwaiter, Another World, NBC, 1978.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Wilson Carter, CHiPS, NBC.
- Senior Trip, 1981.
Other articles you might like: