Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Gary Kasper to Florence Klotz
Sam Kinison Biography (1953-1992)
Born December 8, 1953, in Peoria, IL; died in a car accident, April 10, 1992,in Needles, CA; buried in Tulsa, OK; son of Samuel (a Pentecostal preacher)and Marie (a Pentecostal preacher) Kinison; married third wife Malika Souiri(a dancer), April 5, 1992.
- Birth Details
- December 8, 1953
- Peoria, Illinois, United States
Credits; Television Appearances; Series
- Hugh, Charlie Hoover (also known as Brave New World of Charlie Hoover), Fox, 1991.
Credits; Television Appearances; Episodic
- "It's a Bundyful Life," Married ... with Children, Fox, 1989.
- "For Cryin' Out Loud," Tales from the Crypt, HBO, 1990.
- Comics Only, Comedy Central/Ha! TV Comedy Network/CTV: The Comedy Network, 1991.
- Also appeared in Saturday Night Live, 1986; and Late Night with David Letterman, 1987.
Credits; Television Appearances; Specials
- Rodney Dangerfield Hosts the 9th Annual Young Comedians Special, HBO, 1985.
- "Rodney Dangerfield: It's Not Easy Bein' Me," On Location, HBO, 1986.
- "Sam Kinison," On Location, HBO, 1987.
- Saturday Night Live 15th Anniversary, NBC, 1989.
- "Rodney Dangerfield 'Opening Night at Rodney's Place,'" On Location, HBO,1989.
- Sam Kinison Family Entertainment Hour, HBO, 1991.
- Host, Fox New Year's Eve Live, Fox, 1991.
Credits; Television Appearances; Awards Presentations
- MTV's 1988 Video Music Awards, MTV, 1988.
- Host, The 2nd International Rock Awards, ABC, 1990.
- The 17th Annual American Music Awards, ABC, 1990.
- The 32nd Annual Grammy Awards, CBS, 1990.
- The 43rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards Presentation, FOX, 1991.
- The Horror Hall of Fame II, syndicated, 1991.
Credits; Film Appearances
- Professor Terguson, Back to School, Orion, 1986.
- (Also producer with Elliot Abbott and Mark Linett) Louder than Hell, Warner Bros., 1986.
- Have You Seen Me Lately?, Warner Bros., 1988.
- Leader of the Banned, Warner Bros., 1990.
- Also recorded Live from Hell, 1993. Appeared in the videos Breaking the Rules: Sam Kinison Live and Rodney Dangerfield: It's Not Easy Being Me.
- Kinison, Bill, with Steve Delsohn, Brother Sam: The Short Spectacular Life of Sam Kinison, Morrow, 1994.
- Entertainment Weekly, April 24, 1992, p. 54; June 12, 1992, p. 28.
- People, November 28, 1988, p. 172; July 9, 1990, p. 76; April 27, 1992,pp. 52-53.
- Premiere, February, 1989, p. 82.
- Rolling Stone, February 23, 1989, p. 24; May 28, 1992, p. 26.
- Time, April 20, 1992, p. 37.
Other articles you might like: