Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brigitte Nielsen to Bill Owen
Sheila O'Neill Biography (1930-)
Born May 5, 1930, in London, England; daughter of Reuen and Marie (Long) O'Neill; married Don Lawson. Addresses: MANAGER--Stella Richards Management, 42 Hazlebury Road, London SW6 2ND, England.
Favorite roles: Charity in Sweet Charity.
- Birth Details
- May 5, 1930
- London, England
- LONDON DEBUT--Chorus, Song of Norway, Palace Theatre, 1949.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Dancer, Brigadoon, Her Majesty's Theatre, London, 1949.
- Yvonne Sorel, Paint Your Wagon, Her Majesty's Theatre, 1953.
- Fritzie, then title role, Sweet Charity, Prince of Wales Theatre, London,1967.
- Sheila, Applause, Her Majesty's Theatre, 1972.
- Princess of Ababu, Kismet, Shaftesbury Theatre, London, 1978.
- Also appeared in Jokers Wild, Victoria Palace Theatre, London, 1954; Kismet, Prince's Theatre, London, 1957; One over the Eight, Duke of York's Theatre, London, 1961; Six of One, Adelphi Theatre, London, 1963; Chaganog, Vaudeville Theatre, London, 1964, then St. Martin's Theatre, London, 1965.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; CHOREOGRAPHER
- Kiss Me Kate, Coliseum Theatre, then Sadler's Wells Theatre, both London,1970.
- The Beggar's Opera, Chichester Festival, Chichester, U.K., 1972.
- South Pacific, Prince of Wales Theatre, London, 1988.
- Also Kismet, Canada, 1985; The King and I, 1973; Dad's Army, 1975; The Importance, 1984; The Comeback, 1986; and productions at Coventry, Cambridge, Greenwich, and Edinburgh, Scotland.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Choreographer, The Pajama Game, U.K. cities, 1974.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Half a Sixpence, Paramount, 1968.
- Also appeared in Summer Holiday, 1963.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK
- Has appeared on over one hundred programs and served choreographer on many British shows.
Other articles you might like: