Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brock Peters to Jonathan Prince
Ernest Pintoff Biography (1931-)
Born December 15, 1931, in New York, NY; son of Joseph and Sylvia (Kokol) Pintoff; married Caroline Webb-Carter, May 21, 1970; children: Jonathan, Gabrielle.
- Birth Details
- December 15, 1931
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; TELEVISION DIRECTOR; EPISODIC
- Barnaby Jones, CBS, 1973.
- Kojak, CBS, 1973.
- Spencer's Pilots, CBS, 1976.
- The Bionic Woman, ABC, 1976.
- James at 15, NBC, 1977.
- The Feather and Father Gang, ABC, 1977.
- Young Dan'l Boone, CBS, 1977.
- The White Shadow, CBS, 1979.
- Sweepstakes, NBC, 1979.
- Code Red, ABC, 1982.
- Knots Landing, CBS, 1982 and 1985.
- Voyagers, NBC, 1983.
- The Dukes of Hazzard, CBS, 1984.
- Emerald Point, N.A.S., CBS, 1984.
- Call to Glory, ABC, 1984-85.
- Hell Town, NBC, 1985.
- MacGyver, ABC, 1985.
- Also director of Dallas, CBS; Police Woman, NBC; Ellery Queen, CBS.
Credits; TELEVISION DIRECTOR; SPECIALS
- (And producer) The Kowboys, 1970; Zack and the Magic Factory, 1981.
Credits; TELEVISION DIRECTOR; MOVIES
- Human Feelings, NBC, 1978.
Credits; TELEVISION DIRECTOR; PILOTS
- Bravo Two, CBS, 1977.
Credits; FILM DIRECTOR
- Harvey Middleman, Fireman (also see below), Columbia, 1965.
- Who Killed Mary What'sername, Cannon, 1971.
- (And producer) Dynamite Chicken, EYR, 1972.
- (And executive producer) Blade (also see below), Pintoff, 1973.
- Jaguar Lives!, American International, 1979.
- Lunch Wagon (also known as Lunch Wagon Girls and Come 'n Get It), Bordeaux, 1981.
- St. Helens, Parnell, 1981.
- Also director of The Interview, The Shoes, This Is Marshall McLuhan (documentary), and This Is Sholem Aleichem (documentary).
- Harvey Middleman, Fireman, Columbia, 1965.
- Ghosts, Italian Style (also known as Three Ghosts; adapted from Eduardo De Fillippo's play Questi Fantasmi), Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1969.
- Blade, Pintoff, 1973.
- Also author of The Critic, The Old Man and the Flower, and The Violinist,Columbia.
- Author of The Wild, Wild East, ABC.
- Has composed several film scores.
- Always Help a Bird (Especially with a Broken Leg), Harper, 1965.
- Contemporary Authors, Volumes 17-20, 1st revision, Gale, 1976.
Other articles you might like: