Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Arthur Marks to John McEnery
Orestes Matacena Biography ((?)-)
Born in Cuba; son of Rafael Matacena; children: Lawrence Rafael. Addresses: Agent: Zanuck, Passon & Pace, 13317 Ventura Blvd., Sherman Oaks, CA91423; (commercials) Flick Agency, 9057 Nemo St., Suite A, West Hollywood, CA 90069.
- Actor, writer, producer, director
- Jose, Los Gusanos, 1978
- Title role, Guaguasi, 1979
- "Psycho killer" man, Fatal Encounter, 1981
- Train station clerk, Lifted, 1988
- Customs agent, Tropical Snow (also known as Nieve tropical), 1989
- Spanish interpreter (some sources cite role of Roberto), Judgement(also known as Hitz), Vidmark Entertainment, 1989
- Victor Corsini, Diggstown (also known as Midnight Sting), Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1992
- Army kidnapper commander, Soldier's Fortune (also known as Soldiers of Fortune), Republic Pictures, 1992
- Niko, The Mask, New Line Cinema, 1994
- Claudio, Azucar amarga (also known as Bitter Sugar), FirstLook Pictures Releasing, 1996
- Santeria Tito, Sticks, Clark Cinema, 1998
- Spanish dignitary, Wild Wild West, Warner Bros., 1999
- General Ivan Kragov, Last Stand (also known as City of Fear), Blockbuster Video, 2000
Film Producer and Director
Fatal Encounter, 1981
Cuba Libre, 1999
- Director of the documentary film Theatre in the Parks.
- Versace man, A Kiss to Die For (also known as Those Bedroom Eyes), NBC, 1993
- Hector Hernandez, Greyhounds, CBS, 1994
- Gortman, Motorcycle Gang, Showtime, 1994
- Futuristic killer, "Truth or Consequences," Mann & Machine, NBC, 1992
- Chava Herrera, "Deja Vu," Soldier of Fortune, Inc., syndicated, 1998
- Chava Herrera, "Apres Vu," Soldier of Fortune, Inc., syndicated, 1999
- Gianni, "Strong Sexual Content," Action, Fox, 1999
- Appeared as an Italian friend in an episode of the Spanish series Corte tropical; appeared in an episode of Saturday Night Live, NBC; voice of Bruno, "Spirited Way," an episode of The Wild Thornberrys (animated).
- Victor Menocal, The Take, 1990
- Appeared in the Spanish series Sabado gigante and Salvese quienpueda; appeared as the husband in 3 x 2.
- The architect, The Architect and the Emperor of Assyria, Dume Company, New York City, c. 1974
- Commando, Los Gusanos, CCC Theatre Company, New York City, c. 1975
- Appeared as Count Cenci, The Life and Time of the Cencis, La MamaExperimental Theatre Club, New York City; as rapist, The Grab Bag, Astor Place Theatre, New York City; as a dog, Tales to Be Told, Stage 73,New York City; as Farmer Joe, Journey to Bahia, and as a friend, The Lazy Executive, both Henry Street Playhouse, New York City; as landholder, Joan of the Americas, as effeminate friend, Mephistopheles, as wise guy, Pachencho's Wake, and as Midget, Three Grotesques byBunuel, all New York Theatre of the Americas, New York City; as bellboy,Fork Poking, CCC Theatre Company; and as a fireman, The Bald Soprano, as the groom, The Chick's Wedding, and as Jerry, The Zoo Story, all at Theatre 66, in Florida.
- Producer, The Grab Bag, Astor Place Theatre, New York City; director of Cuba Libre (staged reading) and The Wedding Dress.
Los Gusanos, 1978
Fatal Encounter, 1981
Azucar amarga (also known as Bitter Sugar), First Look Pictures Releasing, 1996
Cuba Libre (based on his stage play), 1999
- Author of the plays Cuba Libre,
The Gym, and My Little Meatball.
Orestes Matacena Official Site, http://www. restesmatacena.com, December 7, 2001
Other articles you might like: