Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Arthur Marks to John McEnery
Zeppo Marx Biography (1901-1979)
Original name, Herbert Marx; born February 25, 1901, in New York, NY, died November 30, 1979, in Palm Springs, CA, son of Simon (an actor, tailor, and cook; also known as Sam and Frenchie) and Miene (a manager and director; maidenname, Schoenberg; also known as Minnie Palmer) Marx, brother of Groucho, Chico, Gummo, and Harpo Marx (all actors and comedians), married Marion Benda, 1927 (divorced, 1954); married Barbara Blakeley, 1962 (divorced, 1972); children: (first marriage) one son.
- Birth Details
- February 25, 1901
- New York, New York, United States
- Death Details
- November 30, 1979
- Palm Springs, California, United States
Credits; Film Appearances
- Jamison, The Cocoanuts, Paramount, 1929.
- Horatio Jamison, Animal Crackers, Paramount, 1930.
- The House that Shadows Built, Paramount, 1931.
- A stowaway, Monkey Business, Paramount, 1931.
- Frank Wagstaff, Horse Feathers, Paramount, 1932.
- Bob Roland, Duck Soup, Paramount, 1933.
Credits; Stage Appearances
- 'N Everything, New York City, 1919.
- The Cinderella Girl, New York City, 1919.
- I'll Say She Is, New York City, 1919.
- The Cocoanuts, New York City, 1925.
- The Man Who Came to Dinner, New York City, 1940.
- Also performed in On the Mezzanine Floor, Animal Crackers, A Night at theOpera, A Day at the Races, At the Circus, and The Marx Brothers Go West.
- International Dictionary of Films and Filmmakers, Volume 3: Actors and Actresses, St. James (Detroit, MI), 1992.
Other articles you might like: