Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Willie Aames to Steven Anderson
Ernest Abuba Biography (1947-)
Addresses: Office: 74A East 4th Street, New York, NY., New York, NY; Agent: Agent--D.M.I. Talent Agency, 250 W. 57th Street, New York, NY, 10107.
- actor, director, playwright, screenwriter
- Birth Details
- August 25, 1947
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Aly, Eh?, Old Globe Theatre, San Diego, CA, 1969.
New York Debut
- Young Man, Hello Out There, Theatre at St. Clements and American Place, for 20 performances, 1970.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Wu Chan, The Legend of Wu Chan, Buffalo Studio Arena, 1975; Commander Adams, Pacific Overtures, Winter Garden, NY, 1976; Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Los Angeles, 1977; Fisherman, Loose Ends, Circle in the Square, NY, 1979; Kadota, Yellow Fever, Pan Asian Repertory, NY, 1983; The Singer, Caucasian Chalk Circle, La Mama Annex, NY; Pahka, Dawn Song, Chelsea Theatre, NY; Priest, Rashomon, Equity Library Theatre, NY; Charlie Chan, Gee Pop, American Place Workshop, NY; Understudy (Cyrano), Cyrano de Bergerac, Santa Fe Theatre: Steve, F.O.B., O'Neill Theatre Center; Balinese Fisherman, Loose Ends, Arena Stage, Washington, DC; Hashimoto, Failure to Zigzag, Indiana Repertory Theatre; Samurai, Mockingbird, New Dramatists; Following roles at Pan Asian Rep/La Mama in NY: Uncle Aki, Manoa Valley; Old Actor, Monkey Music; Pan, Sunrise; Ping, Thunderstorm; Lysander, A Midsummer Night's Dream; Boniface, Hotel Paradiso; Little Big Man, Crazy Horse Suite, Open Eye Theatre; Lookout, Christopher Columbus, Jean Cocteau Rep; Azrael, Orphee, Jean Cocteau Rep; Bezano, He,Who Gets Slapped, Jean Cocteau Rep; Chet, Cowboys No. 2, TheatreLobby, Washington, DC.
- Sato, The Next Man, 1978.
Principal Film Appearances
- Seqouya, Seqouya, 1980; Pakistani, The Last Embrace, 1981.
- Florist, Ryan's Hope.
Principal Television Appearances
- Dr. Logan, Search for Tomorrow, 1981; Dr. Evns, Loving, 1983; narrator, In Search of Mao; Where the Heart Is.
The Dowager, La Mama Annex, 1978: An American Story, Pan Asian Repertory, NY, 1980.
Vegetable Soup II, 1979; Lilac Chen: Asian American Suffragette; Arthur A. Schomburg: Black Historian; Asian American Railroad Strike; Osceola: American Indian Hero; Iroquois Confederacy; Mariana Bracetti: Puerto Rican.
Woodwind, Washington, DC, 1969.
- Acting teacher, The Basement Workshop, NY, 1977-78.
Other articles you might like: