Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jules Tasca to Sam Trammell
John Douglas Thompson Biography (1964-)
Born c. 1964; raised in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Education: Studied marketing and business; studied acting at Trinity Repertory Conservatory, Providence, RI. Career: Actor. Shakespeare and Company, Lenox, MA, member.Worked as a computer salesman.
- King of France, All's Well That Ends Well, Stables Theatre, Lenox, MA, 1998
- Stanley, Richard III, Shakespeare and Company, Duffin Theatre, Lenox, 1999
- Fyodor Karamazov, The Idiots Karamazov, American Repertory Theater, Loeb Drama Center, Cambridge, MA, 2000
- Herman, Full Circle, American Repertory Theater, Loeb Drama Center, 2000
- David Alexander/Iris Ann's uncle, The Ohio State Murders, American Repertory Theater, Hasty Pudding Theater, Cambridge, 2000
- Polixenes, King of Bohemia, The Winter's Tale, American Reperatory Theater, Loeb Drama Center, 2000
- Mercutio, Romeo & Juliet, Shakespeare and Company, Mainstage,Lenox, 2000
- King of Navarre, Love's Labor's Lost, Shakespeare and Company, Mainstage, 2000
- Also appeared in Henry V, American Repertory Theater; A Christmas Carol,
Measure for Measure,
The Winter's Tale,
The Good Times Are Killing Me, and, title role, Othello, all TrinityRepertory Company; The Changeling;
Oroonoko, off-Broadway; Spunk, Portland Stage; The Merchant of Venice, Comedy of Errors, Coriolanus, and Much Ado about Nothing, all Shakespeare and Company; A Thousand Clowns and To Kill a Mockingbird, both Vineyard Playhouse; Our Country's Good, Lyric Stage; Ashers Command, Huntington Theatre, Boston, MA; and Poison Ground, Hartford Stage, Hartford, CT.
- Appeared in Malcolm X and The Secret.
- Appeared in American Shakespeare, BBC, and Brush Up Your Shakespeare, PBS.