Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jules Tasca to Sam Trammell
Lawrence Tierney Biography (1919-2002)
Born March 15, 1919, in Brooklyn, NY.
- Birth Details
- March 15, 1919
- Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Death Details
- February 26, 2002
- Los Angeles, California
- FILM DEBUT--Lovie, Ghost Ship, RKO, 1943.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- FBI man, Government Girl, RKO, 1943.
- orchestra leader, The Falcon Out West, RKO, 1944.
- Duncan, Youth Runs Wild, RKO, 1944.
- Lieutenant Commander Waite, Back to Bataan, RKO, 1945.
- title role, Dillinger, Monogram, 1945.
- Sharpe, Mama Loves Papa, RKO, 1945.
- Ted, Those Endearing Young Charms, RKO, 1945.
- Jesse James, Badman's Territory, RKO, 1946.
- Jim, San Quentin, RKO, 1946.
- Johnny Christopher, Step by Step, RKO, 1946.
- Sam, Born to Kill (also known as Lady of Deceit), RKO, 1947.
- Steve, Devil Thumbs a Ride, RKO, 1947.
- Mike Carter, Bodyguard, RKO, 1948.
- Robert Warren, Kill or Be Killed, Eagle-Lion, 1950.
- Colton, Shakedown, Universal, 1950.
- Jesse James, Best of the Badmen, RKO, 1951.
- Sam Tobin, Bushwackers (also known as The Rebel), Real Art, 1952.
- Henderson, The Greatest Show on Earth, Paramount, 1952.
- ringleader, Steel Cage, United Artists, 1954.
- Sergeant Stevens, Female Jungle (also known as The Hangover), American International, 1955.
- Biff, Singing in the Dark, Budsam, 1956.
- Douglas Benham, A Child Is Waiting, United Artists, 1963.
- General Philip Sheridan, Custer of the West, Cinerama, 1968.
- Guard, Such Good Friends, Paramount, 1971.
- FBI agent, Abduction, Blackpool, 1975.
- O'Reilly, Bad, New World, 1976.
- detective, Kirlian Witness (also known as The Plants Are Watching), Sampson and Cranor, 1978.
- man in coffee shop, Arthur, Warner Brothers, 1981.
- Bert Johnson, Midnight, Independent International, 1983.
- Broadway bartender, Gloria, Columbia, 1980.
- Lieutenant Hanley, Prizzi's Honor, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1985.
- Owen Knopfler, Silver Bullet, Paramount, 1985.
- Cameron, Murphy's Law, Cannon, 1986.
- Doug Maggen, Tough Guys Don't Dance, Cannon, 1987.
- official at execution, Offspring (also known as From a Whisper to a Scream) Conquest/The Movie Store, 1987.
- Also appeared in Hoodlum, United Artists, 1951; The Prowler (also known as Rosemary's Killer), Sandhurst, 1981.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- Simon Redblock, Star Trek: The Next Generation, syndicated, 1988.
- Pico, Terrible Joe Moran, CBS, 1984.
Other articles you might like: