Robert Lesser Biography ((?)-)
Raised in New York, NY. Addresses: Contact: Robert Lesser Company, 533Third Ave., Number 1C, New York, NY 10016.
- Stage Plays
- Death Is As the Last Song You Sing (one-act), 1964, produced at 13th Street Repertory Theatre, New York City, 1994, produced with Philoctetes II as Chicago Pulp, Producers Club II, New York City, 2000
- A Terror since September, Pioneer Playhouse, Danville, KY, 1965, later Gertrude Stein Repertory Theatre, New York City, 1994
- We Are in Love with the Von Schlegel Translation, produced at theFrank Silvera Workshop, Harlem, New York City, 1995
- Towards an Understanding on the Music of the Jews, 1997, pubic reading, New York City, 1999
- Philoctetes II (one-act), 1997, staged readings, New York City, 1998, produced at Producers Club, New York City, 2000, produced with Death Is As the Last Song You Sing as Chicago Pulp, Producers Club II, 2000
- Chicago Pulp (production of Death Is As the Last Song You Sing and Philoctetes II), Producers Club II, 2000
- A Magic Place in a New Time, 45th Street Theatre, New York City, 2002
- Also wrote Can't You See It?, An Elegance of Cannibals, The King of Florida, Masquerade in Brass, Neither Gold Nor Brass, The Scrap Iron Party, Silver Heroes, and The White King of the Black Canaries.
- Pekuah, A Comic Novel, Hawthorn Books, 1970
- A Celebration of Comic Art and Memorabilia, Hawthorn Books, 1976
- Pulp Art, Original Cover Paintings for the Great American Pulp Magazines, Random House, 1997
- American Nightmare Art, 1998
- Also wrote Rose O'Neill, A Biography, E. P. Dutton.