Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ueli Steiger to Milt Tarver
Tom Sullivan Biography (1947-)
Born March 27, 1947, in Boston, MA; son of Thomas J. (a saloon owner) and Marie C. (Kelly) Sullivan; married Patricia M. Steffen, May 17, 1969; children:Blythe, Thomas J. III. Addresses: Agent--Silver Massetti and Associates, 8730 Sunset Blvd., Suite 480, Los Angeles, CA 90069.
Sullivan earlier told CTFT that "handicaps are inconveniences, and everyone has one. I believe that disadvantages can be turned into advantages. Because of my blindness since birth, I am frequently asked to speak motivationally andhave been doing so extensively."
- Birth Details
- March 27, 1947
- Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Credits; Film Appearances
- Performer of the national anthem, Black Sunday, Paramount, 1976.
- Steve and performer of the song "Beauty Is in the Eyes of the Beholder,"Airport 77 (also known as Airport '77), Universal, 1977.
- Performer of the songs "If You Could See What I Hear," "You're the One,"and "I Hear Love," If You Could See What I Hear, Jensen Farley, 1982.
Credits; Film Work
- Production consultant for Nova Scotia shoot, If You Could See What I Hear, Jensen Farley, 1982.
Credits; Television Appearances; Series
- Special correspondent, Good Morning America (also known as GMA), ABC, 1979-81.
- Also appeared as Mike Kendall in Search for Tomorrow, CBS and NBC.
Credits; Television Appearances; Movies
- Dr. Brad Smith, Love's Dark Ride, 1978.
Credits; Television Work; Movies
- Producer (with others) and consultant, Blind Witness, ABC, 1989.
Credits; Television Appearances; Specials
- Circus of the Stars, 1977.
- Chris and the Magical Drip, 1981.
- Himself and performer of songs "If You Could See What I Hear" and "A Little Closer," Sea World Mother Earth Celebration, ABC, 1991.
Credits; Television Appearances; Episodic
- M*A*S*H, CBS, 1978.
- Tom Bickley, Mork & Mindy, ABC, 1981.
- Hester Sherman, "To Err Is Human," WKRP in Cincinnati, CBS, 1982.
- Also appeared in Aaron's Way, NBC; Designing Women, CBS; The Dinah ShoreShow, NBC; Fame, NBC and syndicated; Knight Rider, NBC; The Merv Griffin Show, NBC, syndicated, and CBS; The Mike Douglas Show, syndicated; and The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson (also known as The Tonight Show), NBC.
Credits; Spoken Word
- If You Could See What I Hear, Perception Records (New York City), 1972.
Writings;Teleplays; Stories; Movies
- Blind Witness, ABC, 1989.
Writings;Songs for Films
- "If You Could See What I Hear" and "Let Me Begin to Love You," If You Could See What I Hear, Jensen Farley, 1982.
- (With Derek Gill) If You Could See What I Hear, Harper & Row (New York City), 1975.
- Adventures in Darkness (also known as Tom Sullivan's Adventures in Darkness; young adult version of If You Could See What I Hear), Ideals Publishing,1976.
Writings;Nonfiction for Children
- You Are Special, Ideals Publishing, 1981.
- Common Senses, Ideals Publishing, 1982.
Writings;Nonfiction for Adults
- The Leading Lady: Dinah's Story, Bantam Books (New York City), 1991.
- (With Ken Erdman) Network Your Way to Success, Marketers Bookshelf (Philadelphia, PA), 1992.
- Special Parent, Special Child: Parents of Children with Disabilities Share Their Trials, Triumphs, and Hard-Won Wisdom, Putnam (New York City), 1995.
- Runner's World, July, 1990, pp. 34-36.