Albert Maltz Biography (1908-)
Addresses: Office: c/o Authors League of America, 234 W. 44th Street,New York, NY, 10036; Agent: Roslyn Targ Literary Agency, 250 W. 57th Street,New York, NY, 10019.
- playwright, novelist, screenwriter
- Birth Details
- October 28, 1908
- Brooklyn, New York
- Plays, Produced
- Merry-Go-Round, with George Sklar, Provincetown Playhouse, NY, 1922; Peace on Earth, with George Sklar, Theatre Union Inc. (Civic Repertory Theatre), 1933; Black Pit, Theatre Union Inc. (Civic Repertory Theatre), 1935.
- Plays, Published
- one-acts--Private Hicks, 1935; Rehearsal, 1937; The Morrison Case, 1952.
- This Gun for Hire, with W. R. Burnett, 1942; Moscow Strikes Back (documentary), 1942; Destination Tokyo, with Delmer Daves, 1943;Pride of the Marines, 1945; Clock and Dagger, with Ring Lardner, Jr., 1946; The Naked City, 1948; Two Mules for Sister Sara,1970.
- Short Stories
- The Way Things Are, 1938; Off-Broadway, 1960; Afternoonin the jungle, 1971.
- The Underground Stream, 1940; The Cross and the Arrow, 1944; The Journey of Simon McKeever, 1949; A Long Day in a Short Life, 1956; A Tale of One January, 1964.
- The Citizen Writer, 1950. Articles and stories published in TheNew Yorker, Harper's, New Masses, Southern Review, Scholastic.