Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Willie Aames to Steven Anderson
Bettye Ackerman Biography (1928-)
Addresses: Agent: c/o Sue Goldin Talent Agency, 119 N. San Vicente Blvd., Beverly Hills, CA, 90211.
- actress, painter
- Birth Details
- February 28, 1928
- Cottageville, South Carolina
- Purity, Pure as the Driven Snow, Grace, Methodist Church, New York, 1950.
New York Debut
- Pheelie, No 'Count Boy, Theatre de Lys, 1954, 15 performances.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Elmire, Tartuffe, Kaufman Auditorium, New York, 1955; Antigone, Sophocles' Trilogy, John Hall Theatre, New York, 1956; Elmire, Tartuffe, Theatre Marquee, New York, 1957; Portia, Merchant of Venice, Dickinson State College Theatre, Dickinson, ND, 1971.
- Wicked Queen, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Clare Tree Major's Children's Theatre, major U.S. cities, 1950.
- Grace Prescott, Face of Fire, 1958.
- Miss Whalen, Rascal, 1969. Television Debut--Crime Photographer, 1951.
- Maggie Graham, Ben Casey, 1961-66: Bracken's World, 1969-70; Medical Center, 1969-70; Constance MacKenzie, Return to Peyton Place, 1972. Guest starred in episodes of many popular television series and specials.
Other articles you might like: